+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FFM - from Scubapro for Rebreather????

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

FFM - from Scubapro for Rebreather????

Has anyone tried a FFM from Scubapro. I'm interested for my homebuild. What is the difference to a FFM from Draeger?

Thanks Oswald

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

Re: FFM - from Scubapro for Rebreather????

this is a great mask if it fits properly. the skirt is very wide, so folks with thinner faces have troubles with leaks. I use the Mantis FFM, which is similar, and it has a very, very low profile as far as FFM's go.

cheers,
    Mike

Supporting Member Sandy is on a distinguished road Sandy is on a distinguished road Sandy's Avatar
    Biomarine, IDA 71

Italian ARO

I'm playing with one at the moment. The rubber adapter in the front that a reg should go in is a little small to fit a DSV ( I'm using a Drager Ray DSV). Also the inside of the mouth cavity has a hard plastic piece on it that mimics your 2nd stage and should have a standard rubber mouthpiece fitted to it. I find it sits a bit close and squeezes my lower lip into the edge of the face seal.
    I've removed the entire center regulator mount from the silicone mask and I'm building an adapter just for my Drager Ray DSV. I should be able to set the distance on the inside to something more comfortable and get the larger RAY DSV to fit.
    I hope to use one of the side ports for bailout reg. I noticed my Interspiro AGA reg is the same size as the side port. I may not even need an adapter.
    Just a side note - the mask has a thread system on it for the ambient breathing valve and the same thread on the 2nd stage adapter locking nut. These are a NATO bayonet thread found on European style gas mask filters (Kemira, Drager Panorama, Army surplus style etc.)

Sandy

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Hello Oswald, I tried the Scubapro FFM on OC some years ago and thought it was very nice. Very good field of vision, comfortable, simple design and cheap! But it is a particular fit, as Michael said above. Mine leaked a little and my face is a bit narrow. It seems that the Mantis is a better bet for for narrower faces like mine.

Has anybody been able to ft any DSV into the stock orifice meant for a 2nd stage on the Scubapro or Mantis FFMs? And does anybody think the way these 2 masks connect to DSVs are sturdy enough for DSV/RBs? -Andy

Silent Lucidity mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver's Avatar
    Megalodon

Was looking at this two years ago for my meg, decided against it.
    Reason was two fold, 1) to much leakage around side skirt.
    also improper fit of DSV in to mouth piece, again leakage. would require a lot of work to fit and seal.2) Nasal cavity does not promote removal of co2, so
    co2 becomes an issue for diver. this mask was intended for o.c. diving
    where for the right person will work good.
    You could try this mask, see link.

Apeks Products

just my opinion.

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mountain diver  View Original Post
    You could try this mask, see link.

Apeks Products
    Is Apeks licensing the Panorama from Drager now? Or are the two companies affiliated?

I dive the Drager Panorama and love it. The mouth bite is key to keeping the loop closed-circuit and the field of vision is outstanding.

I'd love to see some US Apeks dealers start carrying it as to make parts more readily available if the answer to the above question is 'yes'.

Silent Lucidity mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver's Avatar
    Megalodon

Mempilot, the answer is yes. My understanding is the apeks and drager line
    sail under the Aqualung flag. Getting the mask and or parts here in Canada
    is easy as a phone call away. Try the Aqualung USA office and you should be
    good to go. Sorry Ossi did not mean to steal your thread.

Nick Cunningham-Moorat scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick's Avatar
    rEvo eXpedition

Inspiration Vision, Hammerhead

Quote Originally Posted by mempilot  View Original Post
    I dive the Drager Panorama and love it. The mouth bite is key to keeping the loop closed-circuit and the field of vision is outstanding.
    I have recently bought a Panoram and absolutely love it. I greatly improves the quality of a dive in cool waters (8-14deg C).

atb

Nick

Fabio Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab will become famous soon enough Barfab's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Sentinel

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy  View Original Post
    I'm playing with one at the moment. The rubber adapter in the front that a reg should go in is a little small to fit a DSV ( I'm using a Drager Ray DSV). Also the inside of the mouth cavity has a hard plastic piece on it that mimics your 2nd stage and should have a standard rubber mouthpiece fitted to it. I find it sits a bit close and squeezes my lower lip into the edge of the face seal.
    I've removed the entire center regulator mount from the silicone mask and I'm building an adapter just for my Drager Ray DSV. I should be able to set the distance on the inside to something more comfortable and get the larger RAY DSV to fit.
    I hope to use one of the side ports for bailout reg. I noticed my Interspiro AGA reg is the same size as the side port. I may not even need an adapter.
    Just a side note - the mask has a thread system on it for the ambient breathing valve and the same thread on the 2nd stage adapter locking nut. These are a NATO bayonet thread found on European style gas mask filters (Kemira, Drager Panorama, Army surplus style etc.)

Sandy
    May you send us some picts?
    Thanks
    Fabio

Nutty dentist - uwdriller divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy  View Original Post

Sandy

any photos ??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast