+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tec talk in Birmingham

New Member barry120M is an unknown quantity at this point barry120M's Avatar

Tec talk in Birmingham

I have been looking at the speakers at this Tec talk in Birmingham this November and my friend in New Zealand has said that the talk by Dr Simon Mitchell is a must because of the detail and the footage that he is using during his talk.

Also I am sure that the talk from Mr Rick Stanton will be very interesting as he discusses his 17 hour plus dive in a cave system.

Lastly, in talk that Martin Parker is doing I understand that he will be disclosing information that has not been published before regarding rebreathers.

I think that it is about time that we Tec divers had a show that has been specifically focussed on our type of diving. I think the last one of these types of events that I went to was in the 1990s.

Regards

Barry

Nick Cunningham-Moorat scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick's Avatar
    rEvo eXpedition

Inspiration Vision, Hammerhead

Re: Tec talk in Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by barry120M  View Original Post
    I have been looking at the speakers at this Tec talk in Birmingham this November and my friend in New Zealand has said that the talk by Dr Simon Mitchell is a must because of the detail and the footage that he is using during his talk.

Also I am sure that the talk from Mr Rick Stanton will be very interesting as he discusses his 17 hour plus dive in a cave system.

Lastly, in talk that Martin Parker is doing I understand that he will be disclosing information that has not been published before regarding rebreathers.

I think that it is about time that we Tec divers had a show that has been specifically focussed on our type of diving. I think the last one of these types of events that I went to was in the 1990s.

Regards

Barry
    A few of us are making the "trek" up north to the show. I second your opinion on Simon Mitchell. The last presentation I saw of his was at Oztek a few years ago. It was so good I went to the presentation twice.

The Oztek conferences has been spectacular in the past with lots of face time with high profile members of the industry.

I really hope the conference is going to be worth pissing my wife off by spending a chunk of cash flying to Birmingham of all places for diving!

Later

Nick
    Last edited by scunick; 9th September 2008 at 08:56.

Just found out that Rick Stanton in doing a talk on home made side mount rebreathers.
    This should be good

Barry

Some of you have asked about times for the speakers I have attached a file with this information on

Regards

Barry

Attached Files

Gilberto Bonaga, Italy gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo's Avatar
    Kiss with Hammerhead

Draeger Dolphin

Is there any kind of meeting point for rbw user?

RBW Member Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Tec talk in Birmingham

I have to say that I am really looking forward to the Eurotek dive show in Birmingham, England on November 15/16. It must be more than 10 years ago since Kevin Gurr organised his last IANTD technical diving conference. I really used to enjoy these. It was a great opportunity to meet like-minded divers and to keep up-to-date with new equipment, dive practices and expeditions.

Carl Spencer, Leigh Bishop, Rosemary Lunn and others are making a huge effort to organise Eurotek 2008 and I think we should all appreciate this (those of us in the UK at least) by making the effort to support them.

There are some really interesting talks being arranged. My only (positive !) criticism of Carl and the others is that they have so many good presentations arranged that I am forced to make a choice when I want to hear and see everything!

See you there.

RBW Member Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M's Avatar

Confirmed Workshops

Side mount rebreathers & Micro rebreathers

This workshop run by Rick Stanton aims to introduce people to the concept of side mount rebreathers & will look at a couple of currently used units, their design criteria, advantages, mounting, configuration & use from both a stand alone & multiple redundant rebreather viewpoint.
    More information >>

Rick Stanton will run a workshop on side mount rebreathers

Gas Boosting workshop

Stansted Fluid Power have been at the forefront of gas booster technology for over 30 years. One of a handful of companies worldwide operating in pressures of up to 14,000 bar,with Oxygen to 7000 bar. In the past few years this technology has been made available to Technical divers and company representatives will be on hand at EuroTek.08 to demonstrate the safe practices of gas boosting and systems available.
    More information >>

Mini Stansted Fluid booster pump from Stansted Fluid

Getting Started in Technical Diving

One of the most difficult aspects of Technical Diving is where to go once you have completed your course to to actually use the skills and equipment you have invested in. Paul Mee & Neil Plant will be on hand at EuroTek.08 to deliver a workshop on the topic of where to take your diving once you have become a qualified technical diver. This workshop will tell it as it is and provide lots of useful information that will hopefully provide you with some great diving for many years after you are qualified.More information >>

CCR safety procedures

This workshop will be taken by renowned Technical diving instructor Phill Short and will focus upon the safety procedures of closed circuit rebreather diving. Phill will work through the fundamental practice of safe methods of putting your CCR together what to do and what not to do and above all highlight points that could prevent a serious accident. Phill has a massive amount of experience teaching students and also notes bad practice from established divers which he feeds back into his training protocols. This is an excellent workshop for new CCR divers as well as those that have experience in the field and need to refresh their safety skills.
    More information >>

Choosing the right rebreather -An in-depth look
    by Kevin Gurr

Kevin Gurr takes a look at the technical questions to ask when considering buying and using a rebreather for advanced diving.
    Everything from breathing performance to maintenance; based on 15 years of in-field experience on the subject and his role as a rebreather designer.
    Kevin takes the rebreather concept apart and explains it advantages and limitations.

Wreck Location workshop
    with Bill Smith

Bill is an expert in wreck location who has discovered several historic wreck sites underwater as well as undertaken work for the police to locate underwater evidence in specific murder cases. This workshop will focus on aspects of equipment and how best to use it to find that exclusive shipwreck that may have eluded you for many years.
    For more information about Bill click here >>

Megalodon Rebreather Workshop

by Rich Stevenson

Rich Stevenson welcomes you to his 45 minute presentation aimed at new and existing Meg divers and prospective owners. Topics covered will be Inboard / Off board bailout cylinder configuration, initial set up tips, and their will also be the new APECS 2.7 Meg with Shearwater Decompression built in. At the end of the presentation Rich will discuss how he safely dived his Meg to 155m on the Carpathia last year.

DPV Workshop

Rich Stevenson will take a workshop on the use of scooters. This workshop will focus on the correct use of Submersion Scooters preparation and maintenance. Rich will also focus on the best methods of using DPV's (diver propulsion units) in both cave and wreck diving environments.

Getting Started in CCR diving - Workshop

Well known television presenter of the Deep sea Detectives series Richie Kohler is more known these days for being a technical diving instructor focused strongly on CCR diving. Richie will run a workshop on getting started in CCR diving and what differences you are likely to encounter as you begin the switch from Open Circuit. This will be an excellent workshop for EuroTek delegates who are interested in making the change from traditional open circuit to closed circuit rebreathers.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Ill be there as well. It sounds reely interesting.

ATB

Mark

Program of Presentations

http://www.eurotek.uk.com/pdfs/schedulev3.1.pdf

Program of Workshops

conference workshops

RBW Member clanger is an unknown quantity at this point clanger's Avatar

i've ordered the tickets had my cheque cashed but received no emailed ticket, has anyone else experienced this or have you all received yours?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast