+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Start a RBW LinkedIn Group?

RBW Member spencegreen is an unknown quantity at this point spencegreen's Avatar
    ISC Copis Meg

Start a RBW LinkedIn Group?

All,
    Some of you may use LinkedIn for professional purposes. At present, no group exists for CCR-specific divers (you can, of course, join the PADI group if the inclination strikes you!). I would like to start a group for rebreather users, but I have a few questions for the community:

1) Which logo/image should we use?

2) Should an account on Rebreather World be a pre-requisite for membership? At present, I think ownership of a rebreather should be the only requirement.

Post to this thread if the project seems interesting to you.

Spence

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Re: Start a RBW LinkedIn Group?

I have joined LinkedIn because a number of people that I know requested me to join. However, I still don't exactly know what people do there, and how it works.

How about giving an explanation of this?

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDadMiami  View Original Post
    I have joined LinkedIn because a number of people that I know requested me to join. However, I still don't exactly know what people do there, and how it works.

How about giving an explanation of this?
    It's primarally designed around business relationship/matrix/introductions....

Link up w/ the people you work with, have worked with to provide cross introductions. It's also taking a spin lately w/ non-working relationships and educational backgrounds...

Think 7 degrees of seperation... somehow we're all linked..., someone who knows someone who worked w/ someone who dated someone who etc...

RBW Member Shawn has a spectacular aura about Shawn has a spectacular aura about Shawn has a spectacular aura about Shawn has a spectacular aura about Shawn has a spectacular aura about Shawn's Avatar

I currently use linkedin, and I think that this is a great idea.

The professional networking and contacts that have been able to develope through linkedin are invaluable.

I would would really like to see a my current linkedin profile associated with a rebreather group. So if in the future I decide that I need to get some new Rebreather toys, I could look in the group and find a RB diver that has made a career of investing and savings...etc.

Let me know if you get this going because I would love to join.

Thanks

RBW Member Twain will become famous soon enough Twain will become famous soon enough Twain will become famous soon enough Twain's Avatar

I've found LinkedIn to be invaluable in business for networking: think of a company you need to reach (for sales, research, whatever) and it will tell you how to network your way there. I use it once every couple of weeks or so.

I don't think rebreather stuff is directly applicable given for me it's a business tool, but hey why not? Create the group and I'll join it.

The online tool I use for "fun" networking is Facebook. If there were a rebreather group in FB, I'd likewise join it.

RBW Member sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave's Avatar
    Sports Kiss

Quote Originally Posted by Twain  View Original Post
    The online tool I use for "fun" networking is Facebook. If there were a rebreather group in FB, I'd likewise join it.
    There are quite a few, including a rebreatherworld group, australian rebreather divers, rebreather cave divers, kiss divers, etc etc etc......

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Just make sure you add me to your group so that I can call you and try to entice you to take a better job working for another company. Then you will be helping me to buy more toys and fund more CCR trips and I will be greatly appreciative. That's what Professional Recruiters use it for...ummm sorry Headhunters.

John

RBW Member matthewbooth is an unknown quantity at this point matthewbooth's Avatar
    Inspiration/Evolution

Draeger

Count me in as well if you form the group.

Matthew

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Linked in is for work....

Facebook is for fun...

Personally I would not use Linked in for any rebreather groups...

M

RBW Member cubixy2k will become famous soon enough cubixy2k will become famous soon enough cubixy2k will become famous soon enough cubixy2k will become famous soon enough cubixy2k's Avatar

Being a professional Diver is work
    And fun

I'm in for the group
    -AJ Bubb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast