+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RBW timeout

Choose Freedom - UKIP Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby's Avatar

RBW timeout

I can access the RBW site from here (office) but for the past few weeks I haven't been able to access it from home. It just times out.

I've tried FreeMint, Linux (Ubuntu) and Win2000 and all are the same.
    I've made no changes to the ADSL router.

My isp is saying that it's not them but a server beyond them although they are able to access RBW themselves.

Has anyone else had the same problem or have any ideas?

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Re: RBW timeout

Get another ISP :)

Being sensible, they all have issues from time to time.... usually involving blaming either you or the website you're visiting.

Two alternatives;

1. Use an anonymous proxy service.
    2. Flush your DNS cache on your PC/Router. On the PC you can do this with "IPCONFIG /DNSFLUSH" on a windows machine. Router implementations vary, so you have to goto you admin webpage.

Choose Freedom - UKIP Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby's Avatar

I will have a look at the router, an older Netgear that has worked flawlessly to see if it has any cache to flush.

With three machines having the same problem I think we can eliminate cache issues on those.

I did manage to connect via anonymouse.

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Scubascooby  View Original Post
    I did manage to connect via anonymouse.
    Netgears have a DNS flush option on Router status > Connection status (select release then renew).

From your last line though I'd suggest its an ISP problem, try a tracert....

RBW Member jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c's Avatar
    rEvo

Megalodon

Yes, lots of people have been having the same problem. Mostly seems to be on the TalkTalk and associated networks. Been about 2 months so far..Basically somewhere along the route the connection stops responding.

FreeMint and Linux completely fail to give anything with traceroute.
    Windos gave this

5 22 ms 23 ms 23 ms te5-4.telehouse-east2.core.enta.net[62.249.192.125]
    6 25 ms 24 ms 24 ms ge0-1.lonap.lon.rapidswitch.com [193.203.5.86]
    7 * * * Request timed out.
    etc.

Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

ok. Send tracert to ISP, report problem. Bash forehead repeatedly on desk then revert to using a proxy whilst your ISP repeatedly tell you its not their problem.

RBW Member Muddweller will become famous soon enough Muddweller will become famous soon enough Muddweller will become famous soon enough Muddweller will become famous soon enough Muddweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scubascooby  View Original Post
    I can access the Rebreather World site from here (office) but for the past few weeks I haven't been able to access it from home. It just times out.

I've tried FreeMint, Linux (Ubuntu) and Win2000 and all are the same.
    I've made no changes to the ADSL router.

My isp is saying that it's not them but a server beyond them although they are able to access Rebreather World themselves.

Has anyone else had the same problem or have any ideas?

Hi Scooby, Are you on Talktalk, as I have exactly the same problem. Tried DNS flush etc and deleting all temp files and still no go. Odd times I've managed to get on though without having to use a proxy. I've contacted them and they still say nothing to do with them
    Cheers, Karl

RBW Member Mossyback will become famous soon enough Mossyback will become famous soon enough Mossyback will become famous soon enough Mossyback will become famous soon enough Mossyback's Avatar
    rEvo Standard II

IDA-71, Desco, Homebuilt

Wink Re: RBW timeout

I too have been unable to get onto RBW from my home computer after trouble-free access for well over a year. I've notified Stuart of the problem as my ISP can only work on a problem if it is no more than three jumps away. The offending location in my case is located in Amsterdam. All of the above suggested fixes don't overcome the problem. For what it is worth, in my case it is jump number 11. I hope RBW can get this solved. Hank

Diver with a camera vlada is just really nice vlada is just really nice vlada is just really nice vlada is just really nice vlada is just really nice vlada is just really nice vlada is just really nice vlada is just really nice vlada is just really nice vlada's Avatar

I have same problem, except in my case, the problem is at work. Home access no problem.

oh, well, guess i am supposed to work in any case instead of reading RBW :D

+ Reply to Thread