+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Abdominal bend?

Bad knees, matching brain Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

RB80, Sentinel

Abdominal bend?

Can someone please tell me what the symptoms/sensations are for an abdominal bend?

Thanks in advance.

RBW Member si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote's Avatar
    Sentinel, Evolution

Meg, Ouroboros, Inspiration

Re: Abdominal bend?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvintpa  View Original Post
    Can someone please tell me what the symptoms/sensations are for an abdominal bend?

Thanks in advance.
    define abdominal??....are we talking abdominal internal or are you refering to a skin bend? as these often manifest on the belly??? if you are refering to an abdominal skin bend they appear as red blotches with purple areas, they manifest within an hour of exiting the water, the area feels swollen and can itch. i had a guy only a few weeks ago come up from a dive with these symptoms, ill post a foto for you tomorrow when i get into work, o2 sorted it in 10 minutes, the redness disappeared completely with o2 only.

he is currently seeing the doc as this can be an indication of an underlying problem (PFO for example) the dive was an advanced nitrox and deco proc sort of thing, 45 metres for 20 mins including descent. then switching to 80 for the 9 6 and 3m stop, deep stops were inserted during the ascent and the dive was planned using gap, (with quite reasonable GF's nothing agressive) the dive was ran off of the slate run-time, a computer was worn and cleared before the runtime ended, zero current nice relaxed pace water temp 24 degrees. things couldn't have been more controlled or comfortable. no obvious cause for it. does that sound like what you experinced or are you talking about somethin more?

regards si

Bad knees, matching brain Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa is a splendid one to behold Marvintpa's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

RB80, Sentinel

Skin itching/blotching I would just call a skin hit regardless of the area of the body. I'd heard of people getting an "abdominal hit" but never heard any of the symptoms/sensations so was curious. Trying to find a name and reason for a little belly-area tenderness jest below the diaphram.

New Member Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute Simon Mitchell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvintpa  View Original Post
    Skin itching/blotching I would just call a skin hit regardless of the area of the body. I'd heard of people getting an "abdominal hit" but never heard any of the symptoms/sensations so was curious. Trying to find a name and reason for a little belly-area tenderness jest below the diaphram.
    Hello,

Occasionally abdominal pain can be an early-presenting symptom of decompression sickness, but it is usually considered to be referred pain from spinal involvement and therefore ominous because more specific spinal symptoms and signs frequently follow. If someone presents with abdominal pain with no other obvious explanation early after a dive you should treat as though it is DCS, put the patient on oxygen, watch their lower limb neurology, and seek expert advice.

Warm regards,

Simon M

+ Reply to Thread