+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The End of Jill's Chamber in The Pit. A DPV CCR Dive to 105M.

Hans C. Kaspersetz luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok's Avatar

The End of Jill's Chamber in The Pit. A DPV CCR Dive to 105M.

Folks, we have another installment of the our project at The Pit. Patrick has written another article detailing his dive to the end of Jill's Chamber.

It was a very long day indeed. We got up around 6:30AM and left Playa around 8AM. We didn't hit the water till almost noon! You would be surprised how much work is involved in preparing two divers to make deep dives in 100F (37C) temperatures in the jungle. Rechecking all the gear, lowering it into the water and rigging was labor intensive, and since we are unsupported we took our time to avoid predive stress.

The dive was made using two Megalodons and a Silent Submersion scooter. The run time was about four hours. I made two support dives, the first to do the mid-range setup, which included staging the Triox, placing the primary reel and a little pleasure diving. The second dive was to watch over Patrick, give him some treats and to do the clean up.

We arrived home around 7PM, very satisfied with our success.

The story is titled, "The Pit Revisited". It is about A Cave Dive at the Pit in Dos Ojos

We want to thank Protec in Playa, Liquivision, as well as my wife for loaning us her regulators.

I look forward to your comments!
    Hans

RBW Member Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy's Avatar

Re: The End of Jill's Chamber in The Pit. A DPV CCR Dive to 105M.

Well written. Thanks for sharing.

RBW Member Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26 is a jewel in the rough Mephisto26's Avatar

Re: The End of Jill's Chamber in The Pit. A DPV CCR Dive to 105M.

The next dive is already in the making. This time I plan to push a scooter through the restriction to get it into Jills Chamber. Hans is leaving to the states though and I am busy teaching till mid september but then we should be back there...

Thanks for all the nice PMs, comments, etc...

Patrick
    Protec Playa - tp
    Slow down and dive a little. A blog about cave diving in Mexico. — Quiet Diver

+ Reply to Thread