+ Reply to Thread

Thread: stage tanks lost/stolen from Goul Du Pont

still learning... gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan is a glorious beacon of light gallathan's Avatar

stage tanks lost/stolen from Goul Du Pont

Did a dive there on Sat 23/08/08. Great dive Left an ali 80, 232 bar din, yellow tank, full of EAN32, marked with my initals GA, and MOD36M in large black/white lettering, and a poseidon xstream nitrox (green) deco reg in the head pool of Goul du Pont. Came back after ther dive to find the tank gone ;-( My own fault, I naively thought because the tanks was actually submerged, it wouldn't get taken, lesson learned, leave tanks locked in the car/out of sight in the cavern zone perhaps. My buddy even suggested not leaving the tank in the head pool, but I didn't heed his advice. DOH! Just posted as a heads up / warning for others. To avoid this in future, do you guys leave air break / deco / spare tanks in the cavern zone, or move them further into caves, or put stickers on them in an effort to avoid issues like this, or is this a minor concern in general?

Underwater Speleologist ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS's Avatar

Re: stage tanks lost/stolen from Goul Du Pont

Sad to hear.

So far in Greece we did not have such an incident as far as I know.

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

99% of people are fine...1% arent (and 99% of all stats are made up!).

In this case you discovered the downside, personally I never leave stuff staged overnight unless Im guarding the entrance. Sad but true...

RBW Member Rubis is an unknown quantity at this point Rubis's Avatar

Sorry to hear ...

I would put up a message up on the plongeesout forum

Plongee-souterraine - Page d'accueil (click on causette) and ask if anybody picked up the tanks mistakenly. They might come back.

Also a couple of years ago, some guy had all his stuff stolen in Bourg St Andeol. I have seen some weird people hanging out at the park. I would not leave anything of value in the car or where they can be seen.

We have issues like this in the US as well, in places with high traffic and lots of local rednecks, we hide deco tanks, or when waiting to get in the water, we chain them up even.

Definetely not leaving stuff in the open

Hope you get your gear back

Banned Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del's Avatar
    JJ, it rocks!

Sports KISS

Crap - that's gotta piss you off somewhat.

But look on the bright side: there's someone who wishes to take up diving and they 'borrowed' your tank. If you find them you can take them for a nice long dive, no need to bother about courses, certification, or equipment. Apart from lots of lead that is... assimilation can be oh so much fun

+ Reply to Thread