+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moving the Server to a new data centre

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Moving the Server to a new data centre

After last weeks problems and terrible support I have been looking around for a better data centre with a decent 99.999% uptime!

I have found one and if all goes well will be moving the site over to a new server in the new data centre this weekend.

If any one is interested it is in New Jersey!

Now this means that there should be about 2 hours down time on Saturday Morning UK time when I do it.

I will keep you all posted though - thanks for yoru patience!

I will also post nearer the time details of the IP and some other little tricks for clearing your cache just in case your DNS servers dont up date quickly enough to point at the new server.

Stuart

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Re: Moving the Server to a new data centre

One New Upgraded Server purchased and installed!

If everything goes well the migration should only take about 30 minutes or so.

I will be completing it tomorrow morning UK time so will be very early hours of the morning US time or late evening Oz time.

If there are any problems accessing the site it will probably be you PC has cached the DNS information and a reboot should solve it tomorrow.

fingers crossed it goes well!

Stuart

welcome back Site!

sorry for the slight delay guys - took longer than I thought it would to move the 1.5gb that the site has grown too!

any problems then could you do the usual BUG in the title post in the how do i Forum.

Stuart

RBW Member jknights is on a distinguished road jknights is on a distinguished road jknights's Avatar
    Well done. Glad everything went well.
    BTW. The board seems much more responsive as well.

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jknights
    Good luck with the move. Hope all goes well.
    Looking forward to seeing you back on Sunday.
    We're all moved over and have been for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by jknights
    Well done. Glad everything went well.
    BTW. The board seems much more responsive as well.
    From the UK the response has improved by 100% it "should" be unoticable but I have nticed the difference.

Stuart

+ Reply to Thread