+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: EAC Listed for sale

RBW Member deep-six caver is an unknown quantity at this point deep-six caver's Avatar

Angry EAC Listed for sale

What is the story on the Guy that was selling EAC for 50.00??? Now I get a e-mail from him stating someone else bought them and will be selling them on Rebreather World for a higher price????????????????

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Re: EAC Listed for sale

Quote Originally Posted by deep-six caver  View Original Post
    What is the story on the Guy that was selling EAC for 50.00??? Now I get a e-mail from him stating someone else bought them and will be selling them on Rebreather World for a higher price????????????????

Can't agree with your beef. He found someone that was willing to take the risk and pony up with the $$'s to buy the entire package. If you read thru the thread he was completely up front with that being the preferred and really only viable method.

If I had put up the kind of dollars that buyer had too and deal with all the shipping and storage issues I would resell it for a higher price also.....it called a free economy and he needs to get a return on his investment.

John

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

I guess that my money wasn't good enough for him. I offered to buy the entire shipment from him. He never even had the courtesy to reply to the multiple emails.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Banned jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson's Avatar

Thumbs down Re: EAC Listed for sale

he sucks-i offered to take a large amount of them for myself-they replied they were just waiting for someone to get back or something-he commited to sell them and then ...-on wall street this is called renegging on a trade. i would be very vary of dealing with these people ever again and will continue to make a point of this on here an other places. pure BS

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

I guess the phrase....no good deed goes unpunished applies here.

Having been on the selling side of the equation with divers its it not a rare thing for the seller to get the shaft when spending a large amount of time answering questions and the diver commits to something and then does not follow thru with the money leaving the seller holding the bag with materials bought to help out.

I have reread the thread and I still say the guy was very clear that he was trying to help out the community, he is not a retailer and he explained the situation fully so I would not be calling sour grapes just because you did not get a great deal...no unbelievable once in a lifetime deal on the EAC. It can't be such a big issue with you or you would have purchased a CCR that used granular sorb.

John
    Last edited by jkaterenchuk; 27th August 2008 at 03:10.

Unbanned cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deep-six caver  View Original Post
    If I had to guess I would say he read all the emails and PMs and accepted the earliest dated offer that complety emptied the storgae area. I know I would have.
    Who knows, offer the new guy $55 each for all and you may be the guy who gets to sell them individually.

Hey who would have the resouces to grab them all and an interest in not seeing them dumpped on the market at a super low price? I would'nt be surprised to see an existing scuba dealer have a small sale on them soon. When I had a retail store I allways kept an eye out for blowout sales on things I stocked and often grabbed them myself if they were near wholesale.

Had I been in CONUS I would have put in an offer myself.
    Last edited by cramerdn; 27th August 2008 at 04:33.

Banned jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    I guess the phrase....no good deed goes unpunished applies here.

Having been on the selling side of the equation with divers its it not a rare thing for the seller to get the shaft when spending a large amount of time answering questions and the diver commits to something and then does not follow thru with the money leaving the seller holding the bag with materials bought to help out.

I have reread the thread and I still say the guy was very clear that he was trying to help out the community, he is not a retailer and he explained the situation fully so I would not be calling sour grapes just because you did not get a great deal...no unbelievable once in a lifetime deal on the EAC. It can't be such a big issue with you or you would have purchased a CCR that used granular sorb.

John
    what u are not aware of is his PMs to me and i am sure others agreeing to the deal directly !you are quite wrong with your analysis!

HammerMeg

Quote Originally Posted by jiseson  View Original Post
    what u are not aware of is his PMs to me and i am sure others agreeing to the deal directly !you are quite wrong with your analysis!
    Tough break and as has been said by our friends down under.....harden the f#*k up. :)

John

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    Tough break and as has been said by our friends down under.....harden the f#*k up. :)

John
    u are very supportive of this guy-did u buy them? otherwise not sure of your angle

Thumbs down EAC prices

I see now that the RBW store has folded the 2 sources i have used for supply seem to be trying to outdo each other with price hikes. What they will end up doing in this economy is driving people away from the optima and to the HH . Bulls Bears & pigs a old wall street adage that applies here. basic economics. dive Rite should make sure that there are alternative sources so there is normal market competition. Has come to the point where the pile of them i have in my basement is worth undercutting them just for sport!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast