+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: N.E.R.D or N.Y.R.D is being formed!

I'm working on it! Bobmac will become famous soon enough Bobmac will become famous soon enough Bobmac will become famous soon enough Bobmac will become famous soon enough Bobmac's Avatar

Re: N.E.R.D or N.Y.R.D is being formed!

Count me in. It will be great not diving in the minority for once.

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

BTW: I'm bringing EXPLORER down to NJ for the winter, about November 1st. It'll be the best winter diving boat you've seen. I'll stay there until April and then come back to RI. Who among you "tough guys" is ready for

Dave

.[/QUOTE]

keep us all informed, sunday is best for me but maybe i can move stuff around for a N.E.R.D. outing.

btw, you still in for the bov?

marv
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

Banned jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson's Avatar

thinking a good way to start -folks should name wrecks they wish to get to and for various reasons have not be able to . ie i would like to dive the Murphy, a slew of promising numbers, a new wreck found but yet to be identified.........also if there is a favorite boat u like and have had good experiences on ....if someone else wants to lead this that is fine too. i just am looking to dive other spots than the typical weekend trips-decided if i dont do something it is not going to happen. last minute midweek trips can sometimes work for me too- see some good weather days coming put a trip together...

Dive Junkie Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Kiss Spirit, Sidekick, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmac  View Original Post
    Count me in. It will be great not diving in the minority for once.
    If you want to dive on a boat where CCR is often in the majority, try the Independence II out of Point Pleasant. The captains and the entire crew are on CCR. On last week's trip to the Bidevind, they had two OC divers. The conditions for the past few weeks have been fantastic with over 75 degrees on the surface and 48 degrees at 190. Check some of Brandon's shots for visibility.

Down too long in the mignight sea...: Bidevind 17-Aug-2008

Yes, this is New Jersey.

Their website is: Deep Expeditions - Dive Charters - Since 1999
    Last edited by Dave O; 25th August 2008 at 16:58. Reason: Add link to website.

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar

rEvoII fullsize

maybe it would be better to focus on just one or two boats at first for our rides and build up from there.

you know sponsor a N.E.R.D. dive one one boat for a given day and try to fill the whole boat going to a mod1 location. give us some dives to get to know each other and for the capts to see a boat full of rb divers isnt an mass air evac waiting to happen.

personally right now i dont think i could get on the independence for a deep trip as they dont know me, im guessing they want to see me survive the shallows first.

ands that not a knock on the independence, i wouldnt take a boat of strangers to the oil wrek either. we need to start slow and build up.

right now chuck is running an oregon trip from shinecock on mon sep 8.

independence is going to the rp resor on sun oct 19.

N.E.R.D.s what do you think??
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

RBW Member mixdiver22 is an unknown quantity at this point mixdiver22's Avatar

The Independence will be running a trip to the Lillian on Sept 14 150' and I know there are still spots avail.

rEvoII fullsize

ill be in scotland on 9/14, you guys have fun.
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

I'm working on it! Bobmac will become famous soon enough Bobmac will become famous soon enough Bobmac will become famous soon enough Bobmac will become famous soon enough Bobmac's Avatar

Dave O - "If you want to dive on a boat where CCR is often in the majority, try the Independence II out of Point Pleasant."

I agree Capt. Dan runs a great boat.

I'd love to do the 14th, but am on the Algol that day.

RBW Member Jeffrey C Gershen will become famous soon enough Jeffrey C Gershen will become famous soon enough Jeffrey C Gershen will become famous soon enough Jeffrey C Gershen will become famous soon enough Jeffrey C Gershen's Avatar

Let's get the the group organized before we start scheduling trips. The amount of deep diving that can be done in NY/NJ waters is legendary and we all know the wrecks. What we need to do is work out how we want the group to function. As stated before , Al and I are in Scapa from Sept 10 -26. After that those interested should get in contact and have a get together at a saloon of John's choosing so we can hash out how this is going to work.

All interested should PM with email addresses, contact #'s etc.

Banned jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey C Gershen  View Original Post
    Let's get the the group organized before we start scheduling trips. The amount of deep diving that can be done in NY/NJ waters is legendary and we all know the wrecks. What we need to do is work out how we want the group to function. As stated before , Al and I are in Scapa from Sept 10 -26. After that those interested should get in contact and have a get together at a saloon of John's choosing so we can hash out how this is going to work.

All interested should PM with email addresses, contact #'s etc.
    :)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast