+ Reply to Thread

Thread: crossover ybod to sport

Curmudgeon babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar's Avatar

crossover ybod to sport

Hey

I trained on a inspo classic. I'm now anxiously awaiting my new sport kiss. Have any of you done this crossover? Any words of wisdom? I hope my unit comes before the class on thursday.

Am I going to have to start all over as a complete noob like I did going cc in the first place?

Cheers

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Re: crossover ybod to sport

It should be a very simple process.

1) You just need to be a little bit more attentive to the PO2 display, especially when swimming hard. The best way to remember is "Pay more attention to PO2 display when exerting".

2) Make sure you have the CL baffle set correctly. You will know from the first moment you are in the water.

And enjoy the unit!

New Member narked@10m is on a distinguished road narked@10m is on a distinguished road narked@10m's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: crossover ybod to sport

hi there
    crossover will be a doddle!!!
    comparred to your yellow box its a joy to dive,stripdown and maintain.
    i saw phi with his and i had to have one.
    superb for travelling with.
    see my pix of my pod protecter/handle on kiss gallery.
    enjoy
    regards pete

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

I am guessing that if you usually fly you rig manually and use the electronics and solenoid for backup there should be no difference when you cross over.

I know when I played with JonnyBs Kiss and he was on my Meg - I found flying the unit no different to my Meg at all other than nice clutter free front but higher WOB.

Stuart

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by schford
    ...JonnyBs Kiss...higher WOB...
    Jonny's is a Classic-KISS. Babar's is a Sport-KISS.

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

How does the WOB compare between classic and sport phi? That sport sure is one sexy little unit.

Stuart

1 Grumpy ole skipper Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle's Avatar
    Classic KISS, Sentinel

SCR - CCR Dolphin

Just Curious --Wob I dive a classic. Not tried a sports. Which one is easier, guys?

Quote Originally Posted by schford
    How does the WOB compare between classic and sport phi? That sport sure is one sexy little unit.
    IMHO, the SK is a lot easier to breath than the CK once the baffle is set correctly, and the diver knows how to judge the fullness of the CL.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by babar
    Hey

I trained on a inspo classic. I'm now anxiously awaiting my new sport kiss. Have any of you done this crossover? Any words of wisdom? I hope my unit comes before the class on thursday.

Am I going to have to start all over as a complete noob like I did going cc in the first place?

Cheers
    Just did my KISS training this week. Compared to the inspo the WOB was slightly greater in some positions, It likes to be high on the body (for me at least) but I do like CLs that are matched to my lung volume.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

+ Reply to Thread