+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Me and my Sentinel...

New Member Lilou6 is on a distinguished road Lilou6 is on a distinguished road Lilou6's Avatar

Re: Me and my Sentinel...

Where are you going for your course in south of the france ?

Best regards

Lilian

RBW Member ch3micaldud3 is an unknown quantity at this point ch3micaldud3's Avatar
    Sentinel With Travel Frame

Hi Lilian,

That should be St Cyr... chez Joel.

New Member Lilou6 is on a distinguished road Lilou6 is on a distinguished road Lilou6's Avatar

Cool which date are you on the site ?
    Perhaps i could come "chez Joel" it's a friend :)

RBW Member ch3micaldud3 is an unknown quantity at this point ch3micaldud3's Avatar
    Sentinel With Travel Frame

Hi Lilian and everyone else,

Sorry that I didn't reply on your last post.
    I was kind of busy preparing for the trip...

Unfortunately the trip is already over... But is was a "once in a lifetime" experience.

Day 1: move-down to Saint Cyr Sur Mer... very long drive, like over 11hrs.
    Hotel check-in and drive to the dive center to prep our equipment for the next day.

Day 2: 2 shallow dives to get to know the feeling of CC diving. Some exercises like High PO2, swimming around without bailout, swimming around on bailout where to be executed...

Day 3: 2 shallow dives again. 2nd dive ended (exercise) on OC bailout: this is the working part, in order to keep good buoyancy

Day 4: 2 deeper dives. No longer crawling around on the bottom... It starts to look like diving, eventually.

Day 5: One last dive on Pain du Sucre... Just amazing because this dive I finally have some time left to look around...:)

Ofcourse we needed to pass the written exam, but hey, I was preparing CC-diving quite some time now, so all those questions where pretty easy...

My opinion: the unit dives like a dream. During the first few dives, I got some water in the loop because of frequently switching to bailout (exercise). I was surprised that the amount of water did not effect the WOB at all.

By dive n7 my sorb was only partially moist... not like dive n1 or n2.
    The hud is a very pleasant working utility and gives you immediatly feedback on the status the rebreather is in.

We where in a team of 4 with 5 rebreathers: Ourobouros, Kiss, Inspiration Vision, Inspiration classic and Sentinel.

It was an added value to the course, seeing those different units alive and comparing them to my future Sentinel...

I do not have UW-pictures, but a video was made. I should be getting that one soon by mail.

Now I'm at home just waiting for my unit to arrive...and gues what, time does not fly....

Dive center was Azur Plongee: Great service, nice rib, good diving, thanks to Jol and his team.

To Paul (my Instructor): thanks for the great experience...

C y'all soon, but hopefully without bubbels...(exept during ascent)

Bye

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2