+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suit inflation.

RBW Member kev low is on a distinguished road kev low is on a distinguished road kev low's Avatar

Suit inflation.

Hi all,
    What is the best way to use a suit inflation system with the meg,ie under a narked at 90 stand or just attached to the can?
    Many thanks, Kev

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

Re: Suit inflation.

I attach mine to the backplate with the Dive Rite argon harness. Works great.

RBW Member mmcauliffe is on a distinguished road mmcauliffe is on a distinguished road mmcauliffe's Avatar

I'm very VERY new at this CCR stuff but dive nothing but caves. Lots of up and down.

I tap into my 19cf Dil cylinder for the wing (which is my primary buoyancy device) and I know, right now, I play with it WAY TOO MUCH. I tap into my bailout bottle to take the squeeze off of my drysuit.

My point is, me being VERY new, we all know I will use gas more than anybody else here and so far I do not see a need for an off board cylinder for wing inflation. I own such a system (6cf cyl. w/OPV, blah blah blah) from my Great Lakes diving days, I just don't see the need to bring it along.
    Last edited by mmcauliffe; 6th August 2008 at 21:44.

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by mmcauliffe  View Original Post
    I'm very VERY new at this CCR stuff but dive nothing but caves. Lots of up and down.

I tap into my 19cf Dil cylinder for the wing (which is my primary buoyancy device) and I know, right now, I play with it WAY TOO MUCH. I tap into my bailout bottle to take the squeeze off of my drysuit.

My point is, me being VERY new, we all know I will use gas more than anybody else here and so far I do not see a need for an off board cylinder for wing inflation. I own such a system (6cf cyl. w/OPV, blah blah blah) from my Great Lakes diving days, I just don't see the need to bring it along.
    I am sure you know by now that ups and downs in caves can blow thru alot of Dil quickly. I trust you are making an allowance for this when you calculate what BO you need for a CCR failure at point of deepest penetration?

John

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Works fine except when you have TMX in your bailout!:;)

Urrrgh! Ukon is an unknown quantity at this point Ukon's Avatar
    rEvo II

KISS Classic

I have mine bungied into the base of my Narked @ 90 stand and I am pretty happy with it there. Prior I had it mounted on my waist strap & bungied to my backplate, but I found that to be kind of a pain in the ass, particularly with multiple bailout bottles.

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON

IDA71 IDA64 AKA60 BMR500 RGUFM

I find a simple 6 cf bottle attached to my backplate does the job nicely for me. If the dives aren't over 200 ft or so, works for 2 dives before going MT. It is also worthwhile to remember that the dedicated bottle becomes, w/ drysuit, a fully independent backup for your wing buoyancy system.

RBW Member mmcauliffe is on a distinguished road mmcauliffe is on a distinguished road mmcauliffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mixaddict  View Original Post
    Works fine except when you have TMX in your bailout!:;)
    Touché :)

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    I am sure you know by now that ups and downs in caves can blow thru alot of Dil quickly. I trust you are making an allowance for this when you calculate what BO you need for a CCR failure at point of deepest penetration?

John
    Of course.

I don't use nearly the amount of gas in my suit as I do my wing, only enough to take some of the bite out of a suit squeeze, but your point is well made. Indeed I figure it in. Realistically how much would that be? 3-4cu/ft :D In the Great Lakes I could make a couple 200+ foot dives with 1 fill in my 6cu/ft argon bottle...I know, it's a square profile.

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Of course.

I don't use nearly the amount of gas in my suit as I do my wing, only enough to take some of the bite out of a suit squeeze, but your point is well made. Indeed I figure it in. Realistically how much would that be? 3-4cu/ft :D In the Great Lakes I could make a couple 200+ foot dives with 1 fill in my 6cu/ft argon bottle...I know, it's a square profile.

I suspected you were but thought it worth mentioning if not for your benefit then maybe someone less experience that might be reading. I really can't say how much you should figure in. I guess it depends more on the cave profile your diving and how much you use DS versus wing. Like some other posters I found that a 6cuft bottle would do about 2 square profile wreck dives on the DS.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast