+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Diving and AntiInflammatory Drugs

RBW Member Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles is just really nice Gilles's Avatar

Re: Diving and AntiInflammatory Drugs

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDadMiami
    Just in case you are taking aspirin, I recently read that aspirin "seem[s] to increase the risk of CNS oxygen toxicity." Mount, Sawatzky & Hess. Tek Closed Circuit Rebreather, p. 40.
    Yeah I've seen this same article (I think). I do use Paracetamol (Panadol), as it is also highly effective as I ween myself off of the above mentioned NSAID.

Does anyone have any knowledge about increased CNS tox (or other nasty)using Panadol?

RBW Member Deepcore is an unknown quantity at this point Deepcore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDadMiami  View Original Post
    Just in case you are taking aspirin, I recently read that aspirin "seem[s] to increase the risk of CNS oxygen toxicity." Mount, Sawatzky & Hess. Tek Closed Circuit Rebreather, p. 40.
    Well, I just wonder, can I use Arcoxia and dive.. any harm. ?
    I know Duact and O2 dont work..
    And diving with all other neuro-medicines is not ok..

Just got bad back pains and tension after surgery.. Arcoxia and Sirdalud, sometimes Panacod or Tramal (=mix your head)

Andy Pitkin apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin's Avatar
    Prism 1

various

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles  View Original Post
    Yeah I've seen this same article (I think). I do use Paracetamol (Panadol), as it is also highly effective as I ween myself off of the above mentioned NSAID.

Does anyone have any knowledge about increased CNS tox (or other nasty)using Panadol?
    Aspirin is not Panadol (=paracetamol, acetaminophen in the USA).

Aspirin in overdose can cause seizures, but if there is any specific evidence that it increases the risk of CNS oxygen toxicity I have never seen it, and would be interested to see details of the study that showed it.

Aspirin has been taken by many divers in the past as treatment for acute spinal DCS, as it was thought that platelet aggregation, which is inhibited by aspirin, contributed to the spinal cord injury. Personally I would advise against this, as the pathological mechanism for spinal DCS involves multiple microscopic haemorrhagic lesions in the cord. Aspirin may well make this worse.

Cox2 inhibitors like you have been taking have less effect on platelet aggregation, and are probably safe to dive with. Paracetamol certainly is.

Andy

Classic KISS Pilot Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Exclamation Re: Diving and AntiInflammatory Drugs

I too will have Questions re the back & drugs when i'm ready to get back in the water.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2