+ Reply to Thread

Thread: two weeks on lockness

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

two weeks on lockness

well ive tried to go diving the past two sundays off the lockness, a long island ny dive boat.

on 7/20 we went to the g&D. I got in the water and down the anchor line despite being seasick, only to have the oring on my 02 gauge grenade with bubbles resulting in an aborted dive.

on 7/27 we went to the reggie, i didnt get down the anchor line before i had a flood, as i was climbing the ladder my exhaust hose came completely off. it seems the small manifold i put in to feed my bov hit the p port dislodging the whole damn thing. the sorb seemed dry somehow, so i fixed it and got back in, only to have the exhaust valve stick open again. so i bagged the day.

capt wes and capt gus are beginning to think im not a diver, that i just come to nap on the boat

so i was thinking, doyou guys bring oc gear with you in case the rb fails???
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

Hans C. Kaspersetz luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok has a spectacular aura about luxrok's Avatar

Re: two weeks on lockness

Quote Originally Posted by kybrt  View Original Post
    I have been on the Lockness a handful of times and I can only imagine the looks you will get when you load two complete sets of kit. I wouldn't try it.

My CCR instructor told me that the cost of diving a rebreather is that sometimes you will miss dives due to the machine. I have missed one dive due to my Meg. And the truth is that it was my fault. My brain was scrambled and I didn't do my predive correctly. When I got to Dutch Springs the batteries were dead and I didn't bring a spare battery. So, it wasn't the machine's fault.

The leason here isn't to bring more gear on the boat, that will only add task loading and more failure points. I can't imagine tracking all that stuff the night before a dive. The leason I would take away would be to drag my ass to Dutch Springs and sort my rig out before I paid $125 to sleep on the boat again.

Pain seems to be the only true motivator, this time you suffered the pain of humilation and a lightening of your wallet. Fix your rig and the pain will subside. :)

Hans

Andy Favata CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker's Avatar
    rEvo

Inspiration, Kiss classic

Re: two weeks on lockness

Quote Originally Posted by kybrt  View Original Post
    No, I bring a reliable rebreather;)

Sorry Al, I couldn't resist. Try going out on saturdays, we'll take good care of ya.

Regards,
    Andy

+ Reply to Thread