+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: fieno rb

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Talking A Fieno Diver !

Now that RB is an odd duck if I've seen one.
    Welcome to Rebreather World.

Just the guy to ask some questions. :D

Do you know how the stock Fieno actually works? Or did you just rip out all the and modified it?

Okay, below a couple of pictures I took of SMI's incomplete Fieno.
    The black hose entering the scrubber I asume supplies the gas (pic1)

It's hooked up to the manifold with three hoses coming out (pic2)
    Black ... automatic gas addition?
    Red ... ??
    Blue ... ???

Red and Blue run inside the hose to the DSV ???? (pics5&6)

All of which I find rather confusing.

And a few more: Is there an inner absorbant cartridge? (pic2)
    How much sorb does it take, what kind of scrubber is it?

What is the little bellows for? Does it work? (pic5)

I've looked at two Fienos, and they seem very small. Especially the counterlungs. Can you actually get a full breath out of them?

Maybe time for a little Fieno article for our library ...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by caveseeker7; 10th November 2005 at 16:27. Reason: Post moved from intro thread

New Member davis is an unknown quantity at this point davis's Avatar

fieno rb

I му started a new thread as therу is particular interest 2 this rb

First of all i would like to say that i do not use original configuration i"ve modified it little bit.

So Rb is very small and nice:)

it had yoke regulator with 3 lp and one hp

The black hose supplies the gas.
    Black ... opens tye valve in case you can not make full breath
    Red ... och it is difficult to explain. it deletes water from DSV.
    Blue ... automatic gas addition:o
    Last edited by davis; 10th November 2005 at 16:42.

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Re: fieno rb

Quote Originally Posted by davis
    ;)
    ;) Back at ya!

I hope your going to tell us all about your unique fieno rebreather?!?!

Very interested to hear all about it.

Oh, and welcome to the community.
    Last edited by divetheworld; 10th November 2005 at 16:14.
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

this device deletes water from incoming breathing bag by just pushing it as i was told it is made for divecenters which make introdives on fieno, to make it easier.
    absorbent is in this cartridge. There are no more than 700 g. They are ones used, after use buy another, like vacum cleaner:D

A very interesting feature when you take of the DSV mixture stops going and water does not go inside

to delete water from DSV you just have to pull this feature and a lot of mix comes!
    Last edited by davis; 10th November 2005 at 16:58.

If you have any questions or advises or wishes il be glad 2 answer or fulfil them;)

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Thanks for the answers and pictures. :D
    Intresting design, very unusual. And very small.
    Quote Originally Posted by davis
    I ?? started a new thread as ther? is particular interest 2 this rb
    Yes you did, sorry about that. When I moved my post it bumped yours
    as they displayed in chronological order. I originally posted it in the other
    thread so it has an earlier posting date. :o

The scrubber cartridge, I asume they are not available anymore as Grand
    Bleu, the manufacturer, stopped building Fienos.

You wrote they were single use cartridges, did you modify the cartridge
    to be able to refill it?
    Last edited by caveseeker7; 10th November 2005 at 17:23.

Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7
    When I moved my post it bumped yours
    as they displayed in chronological order. I originally posted it in the other
    thread so it has an earlier posting date. :o?
    don"t worry i don"t care:p no problem at all:)
    Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7
    The scrubber cartridge, I asume they are not available anymore as Grand
    Bleu, the manufacturer, stopped building Fienos.

You wrote they were single use cartridges, did you modify the cartridge
    to be able to refill it?
    well;) There are about 30 left in Moscow, so i can buy some.
    Also there is no problem 2 remove absorbent from plastic cylinder and put new absorbent.

I would like to pay your attention on this thread http://www.tetis.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10304&start=0 it is disscussion of fieno on russian diving forum, there are a lot of pictures of my RB, but all texts are in russian;(
    Last edited by davis; 10th November 2005 at 18:20.

Here are some photos taken by my friend Valery who is a rebreather diver either and constructor as well. Now he is modifing Ida 71 by adding electronics and home made computer.

Bcd idle for a teen or a lady

This small Ida tank in fieno looks rather big one
    Plastic cartriedge (no bigger than a tea cup)

by pushing DSV button you start automatic gas adition. or by just taking the DSV in to your mouth

Only by pushing the pump you can dry inhail bag

PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Thanks for the pictures. First ones of the BCD I've seen, same with all the bits "under the hood".

The DSV is an intresting design, for those who haven't seen it, it opens by pushing the button on the front and stays open by biting on the mouthpiece. When it's removed it closes automatically to prevent the loop from flooding.

Ladies bring a plate Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve's Avatar

I'm still kicking myself for letting one get away on ebay a couple of years ago. It would have been a great conversation piece.
    WARNING: I contain occasional coarse language, extreme sexual references, nudity, and adult themes, which may offend some people - Usually churchy types.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast