+ Reply to Thread

Thread: meg solenoid firing times

RBW Member tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris's Avatar
    Evolution, Side-mount Meg

Meg

meg solenoid firing times

Being a current Evo diver and planning to take my Meg crossover in Sept. I am trying to understand the logic behind the firing on times of the solenoid. With the Evo it appears to be a short or long firing period and seems to be regulated by the amount of difference betwen the current setpoint and the desired setpoint and controller using an algorithm injects the desired amount of O2 to reach the desired setpoint.

With the Meg the users sets a desired firing time. Are there Diver's changing this at depth as the ANDI manaul suggests or do you find yourself choosing one over another.

The manual makes reference to choose the best firing sequence based on depth and workload. Are these guidelines stated or in print somewhere?

Thanks
    Tony Flaris

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Re: meg solenoid firing times

Quote Originally Posted by tflaris  View Original Post
    Being a current Evo diver and planning to take my Meg crossover in Sept. I am trying to understand the logic behind the firing on times of the solenoid. With the Evo it appears to be a short or long firing period and seems to be regulated by the amount of difference betwen the current setpoint and the desired setpoint and controller using an algorithm injects the desired amount of O2 to reach the desired setpoint.

With the Meg the users sets a desired firing time. Are there Diver's changing this at depth as the ANDI manaul suggests or do you find yourself choosing one over another.

The manual makes reference to choose the best firing sequence based on depth and workload. Are these guidelines stated or in print somewhere?

Thanks
    Tony Flaris
    In the new software, ASP mode allows for adaption in the firing times as the seonsors detect deviance from setpoint, you set a min and max and the controller ratchets up the pO2 as needed until max is reached. This mode is intended for the rapid descent phase of the dive. At depth, you select normal setpoint.

During training one of our exercises was to swim full out boogie and see if the default injection rate can keep up with you... I think most find it can. The wattmeiser and jaksa solenoid variations have different sized orifaces, thus require a different firing/pause rate.

Other than the release notes, I don't think I've seen anything in print, and most folks I know use the default firing sequences.

RBW Member tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris's Avatar
    Evolution, Side-mount Meg

Meg

[QUOTE=netmage;199286]In the new software, ASP mode allows for adaption in the firing times as the seonsors detect deviance from setpoint, you set a min and max and the controller ratchets up the pO2 as needed until max is reached. This mode is intended for the rapid descent phase of the dive. At depth, you select normal setpoint.

During training one of our exercises was to swim full out boogie and see if the default injection rate can keep up with you... I think most find it can. The wattmeiser and jaksa solenoid variations have different sized orifaces, thus require a different firing/pause rate.

Other than the release notes, I don't think I've seen anything in print, and most folks I know use the default firing sequences.[QUOTE]

With the original software 2.0 are there firing options that work
    better in high work situations? Or what was the intent of ISC when offering these variations in firing times.

RBW Member snicks will become famous soon enough snicks will become famous soon enough snicks will become famous soon enough snicks's Avatar

I dont see ASP to modify firing times. The off-times are set in the menu and are not influenced by your setpoint (be it ASP or anything from MAN to 1.4).

The modification with 2.5 was the "Adaptive Injection Algorithm" which modifies firing duration in dependence "on the rate of response of current PO2 vs. desired PO2". I think that was different with the older APECS versions.

Have never changed my solenoid off-time, but Im a noob anyway :)

Greets
    Dirk

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

I think ISC wont prevent O2 spikes on deeper dives. So you can change the pause beetween each solonid fire. I fly my unit manuelly and so don´t need this option at the time, but is nice to have.....

RBW Member Padipro has a spectacular aura about Padipro has a spectacular aura about Padipro has a spectacular aura about Padipro has a spectacular aura about Padipro has a spectacular aura about Padipro has a spectacular aura about Padipro's Avatar
    AP EVO

Megalodon

I don't use the default injection timing with my unit. I have the Jaksa solenoid with the timing set to 1.5 on with 6 seconds between firings. It usually fires twice in order to bring the PO2 up to the set point I've selected but it maintains the set point perfectly.

+ Reply to Thread