+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Nautilus CCR ???

debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole's Avatar
    KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

Kiss Classic & Sport, Kiss GEM

Thoughts on the Nautilus CCR ???

I'm in Cozumel with my family doing some recreational diving -- actually, right now we are bracing for Tropical Storm Dolly that is supposed to his us tonight. This morning, though, I went cave diving with German Yanez. We started talking about CCRs and he took me over to his house to look at his Nautilus CCR. I did not know anything about it. The company is owned by a Mexican engineer with all parts made in Mexico except the Scubapro first stages. It looks interesting -- one handset with all displays including pressure gauges, magnetic switches, fiberoptic cables, etc. German is their "crash test dummy" for the unit. It's an electronic CCR with a radial scrubber, apparently is rated to 650 fsw, and lists for $5000 USD. The website is Rebreather Nautilus CCR Closed Circuit Rebreather. Anyone know anything about this unit?

Doug

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Re: Thoughts on the Nautilus CCR ???

The specs make it sound interesting. The price is also quite nice. I think it is a little to thick for my likeing. I get stuck enough the way it is
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

The Bucket and Scrubber canister looks exactly like it was made by Steam Machines, for the Prism Topaz.
    Chett. L

Prism 'prentice Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike's Avatar
    Prism

Hey - it's a Prism knockoff with back mounted lungs!
    Scrubber looks Identical
    Scrubber bucket looks identical
    Tanks and valves: Identical
    Sensor mounting in the head, and inside of the head: Identical
    Setpoint controller options: Identical.

Wonder if you can buy spares off them? I've a friend who needs a new bucket for his Prism.:)

Mike

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

Considering that Peter and Sharon Readey work for the manufacturers of the Nautilus the resemblance to the Prism is probably not such a surprise.

RBW Member MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ is a splendid one to behold MarkZ's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

These were supposed to be in production four or five years ago. I looked into them then but only received an email telling me they would contact me when they were ready to go into production. I am still waiting for them to get back in touch. I am not aware of any out in the field beyond a prototype or two. Might be possible that they are ready to produce but I would be real shy about paying $5K to be a test dummy for a no history company.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

The bucket is the old 5.5 lbs version used in early PRISMs.
    Pete and Shas don't "work for the manufacturer".
    And indeed they've been working on the Nautilus for several years.

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Blimey, thought this one went to full vapour status years ago!

Liking the Cobra's head style displays/SPGs, very OTT :)

Prism 'prentice Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike's Avatar
    Prism

Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7  View Original Post
    The bucket is the old 5.5 lbs version used in early PRISMs.
    Pete and Shas don't "work for the manufacturer".
    And indeed they've been working on the Nautilus for several years.
    so it's a Prism with back mounted lungs and shit duration then?

Mike

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

hmmm...probably MUCH cheaper to mfg parts in Mexico, less liabilities, etc..I wonder how much of the PRISM is mfg'd down there at teh Nautilus facility...would make sense to me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast