+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SE Asia Deep Weck Diving

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

SE Asia Deep Weck Diving

A couple of us are looking for a deep wreck diving location in SE Asia. We have dived the MV Empress and MV Trident and are looking for other locations with nice deep wrecks.

Subic Bay doesn't seem to have much to offer past the 40m range and I have a trip organized to Coron later in the year.

Preferably rebreather friendly too......

Regards,

Lance

Life starts at 100 rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo's Avatar
    Pelagian DCCCR

Classic KISS, Megalodon

Re: SE Asia Deep Weck Diving

You should get in touch with Frank Doyle at La Laguna Beach Club in Puerto Galera. La Laguna Beach Club and Dive Centre, Puerto Galera, Philippines
    He got a great boat called Rags II.
    He can set up lots of interesting diving for you.....
    Another guy worth contacting is Matt Reed matt.reed@triton-oceanic.com that can arrange diving on virtually virgin wrecks in the Leyte Gulf that has some really deep stuff!
    This one might just be a little too deep =)

You can read up on Leyte here Battle of Leyte Gulf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some more videos here......

For something deeper you should look in to something like this..

I wish I could join you!
    Best of luck!

Rodge
    Last edited by rogeringebo; 20th July 2008 at 15:06.

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

Lance
    Check with Johan in Aloy beach (Subic Bay)There are a couple of wrecks in the 70 meter range. There is a wreck that is just outside the bay in 90 meters. Johan is searching for the wreck in 90 meters at the moment since I keep on him about finding it.
    I did alot of reseach in that area and was on the Yamashiro project. You can check with Rob Lalamiere who lives in that area. Rob has a boat that we used for the Yamashiro. Rob does have a full time job but maybe if you catch him in the right mood. The currents in Leyte are wicked to say the least.

andibk

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

Lance
    You can also check with Joerg at Deep Blue Divers in Chalong Thailand. This is a short drive from Phuket. Joerg has found a couple WW2 wrecks and also has been diving a wreck in 90 meters of water. I seen picks of the deeper wreck and the water looked crystal clear.
    Cebu Pacific has some real cheap flights going from Manila to Bangkok and back.
    To clarify in my last post the research I was doing was in the Leyte area.

andibk

RBW Member divingduck is an unknown quantity at this point divingduck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andibk  View Original Post
    Lance
    You can also check with Joerg at Deep Blue Divers in Chalong Thailand. This is a short drive from Phuket. Joerg has found a couple WW2 wrecks and also has been diving a wreck in 90 meters of water. I seen picks of the deeper wreck and the water looked crystal clear.
    Cebu Pacific has some real cheap flights going from Manila to Bangkok and back.
    To clarify in my last post the research I was doing was in the Leyte area.

andibk
    hi
    the wrecks are great and deep blue divers are the right place to do this.also the night dives
    gruss anna
    Last edited by divingduck; 20th July 2008 at 16:31. Reason: hangover

RBW Member stuey will become famous soon enough stuey will become famous soon enough stuey will become famous soon enough stuey's Avatar
    Inspo, Evo, Poseidon

Inspo classic, Meg, Deep

Quote Originally Posted by divingduck  View Original Post
    hi
    the wrecks are great and deep blue divers are the right place to do this.also the night dives
    gruss anna

Joerg and Andreas shut up shop during the low season, diving in phuket at this time of year is a bit of a gamble, the weather's very unsettled, best between November and end of April.

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rogeringebo  View Original Post
    I wish I could join you!
    Best of luck!

Rodge
    Thanks for the info and the cool videos Roger.

Still looking but have a few more leads now.

Yeah...we will definately have to hook up and get wet some time.

Regards,

Lance

Quote Originally Posted by andibk  View Original Post
    Lance
    Check with Johan in Aloy beach (Subic Bay)There are a couple of wrecks in the 70 meter range. There is a wreck that is just outside the bay in 90 meters. Johan is searching for the wreck in 90 meters at the moment since I keep on him about finding it.
    I did alot of reseach in that area and was on the Yamashiro project. You can check with Rob Lalamiere who lives in that area. Rob has a boat that we used for the Yamashiro. Rob does have a full time job but maybe if you catch him in the right mood. The currents in Leyte are wicked to say the least.

andibk
    Thanks Andi,

I have been corresponding with Johan......Seems he has a couple of freighters and a bomber in the depths we are look at.

Regards,

Lance

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer4545  View Original Post
    Thanks Andi,

I have been corresponding with Johan......Seems he has a couple of freighters and a bomber in the depths we are look at.

Regards,

Lance

Hi Lance,

Not sure what deeper wrecks Vidar has taken you too. Some less/never before dived ones here: Drmike's photos- powered by SmugMug this was one great trip.

In subic
    The freighter (Kyo maru) and bomber you speak of: Drmike : photos : Subic bay, Philippines - Jan 2006- powered by SmugMug
    70m ish IIRC.

OK dives but nothing compared to the wrecks vidar can put you on
    Last edited by Drmike; 7th September 2008 at 13:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    Hi Lance,

Not sure what deeper wrecks Vidar has taken you too. Some less/never before dived ones here: Drmike's photos- powered by SmugMug this was one great trip.

In subic
    The freighter (Kyo maru) and bomber you speak of: Drmike : photos : Subic bay, Philippines - Jan 2006- powered by SmugMug
    70m ish IIRC.

OK dives but nothing compared to the wrecks vidar can put you on
    Hi Mike,

The trip with Vidar was AWESOME......there is one man that really knows his stuff.

We all really enjoyed every moment of the time aboard and Alice's cooking.......Ahhhhhhh

Regards,

Lance

+ Reply to Thread