+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Bailout when penetrating wrecks?

RBW Member edenfeldt will become famous soon enough edenfeldt will become famous soon enough edenfeldt will become famous soon enough edenfeldt's Avatar

Re: Bailout when penetrating wrecks?

Just thought I’d update the post with some pics of how its set up and dived during the last hours. The manifold makes it in to an ordinary set of doubles. Also updated with a Halcyon BOV and some cooper hoses, they are just a bit to long. If they where about 10 cm per side shorter it would be perfect. :)

[/font]

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    I love all the modified KISS units with the 5/6/7ltr tins on the back. The thought had crossed my mind but I am generally diving too deep for this to be a workable solution.

Id need two 12s and having them manifolded with a single diluent wouldn't work as the deco schedule would be impossible. Id need a deep tin and an intimidate tin.

Ether that or twin 7s on the back and still carry the other gas. A good solution for very deep diving where otherwise id need to carry three stages.

However the issue as mentioned above is always nicking the tops off the tank fills for use as diluent. Not so bad if you have access to a J of premix and a mini booster but a problem if you don't.

Rather than keep fafing arround with my rig id rather dive the unit as a unit and my bailout as bailout.

ATB

Mark
    Last edited by edenfeldt; 22nd April 2009 at 10:50.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Thanks for the pics

It would be interesting seeing it ready to dive and what you have decided to do with all the hoses.

Do both first stages feed the manifold and then the manifold feed the BOV?

How where do you mount your 02 and associated 02 injection / Kiss valve?

Do you consider this rig suitable for OW diving? or is it more constant depth caves that its designed for?

Having diluent as bailout how do you gas plan? IE id usually have my diluent at no more than 1.0 PP02 at planned max depth. My bailout is 1.3-1.4 pp02
    but thats no good as a diluent but more effective as a deco mix

ATB

Mark

RBW Member edenfeldt will become famous soon enough edenfeldt will become famous soon enough edenfeldt will become famous soon enough edenfeldt's Avatar

As a newbee ccr diver I am just adding stuff to the rebreather from a OC perspective. (old oc DIR habits die hard) :) The thought is to have a full DIR set with all the hoses configured as a normal and then a CCR in-between. So for gas management I will use standard gases for my diluent and bail out and also 50% and 100% deco gases. So you could say that it’s an ordinary DIR oc rig for deeper dives and a CCR. The standard gases we usually use during oc is 21/35, 15/55, 10/70. And these will be preferred since we may dive in mixed oc/ccr teams.

Article of how I have set up my DS4 regulators. Peter Steinhoff is the one behind the article and the site. Its basic oc DIR set up I have used for years.
    DIR-diver.com - Reg configuration doubles

I will post a picture of the kit fully rigged with all the hoses. The only hoses added is the LP hose from the right first stage (where wing inflator and long hose also is located) that feeds the BOV. On the left first stage I have the hose to the ADV. It is the same basic set up as a RB80. The o2 feed is separate and hanging over my right shoulder and with a qc6 female for of board o2. The of board o2 is an ordinary 40cf with a qc6 male hanging on a 70 cm hose.

I can see this set up being used for pretty much everything, the D12:s are good as DIL and bail out down to 90+ and still small enough to allow for some pretty tight cave diving. I will get back when I have tested the rig on all the usual dives I do here at home. I am leaning towards a set of D8,5:s instead of the D12:s. It will make the kit much more manageable and you still have bail out down to some serious depths. And you can get in to tighter sports in a wreck :)

Last edited by edenfeldt; 22nd April 2009 at 13:29.

RBW Member offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro's Avatar
    rEvo, FGT, Boris

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by edenfeldt  View Original Post
    I will post a picture of the kit fully rigged with all the hoses.
    Can't wait!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5