+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: GI III....What a twat

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

GI III....What a twat

I have just spent an entertaining hour reading the bile and vitriol from GI III from 2003

Aquanaut Mailing List Archive Service

I have to say (as a big fan of GUE and DIR in general) I am awe struck by his ability to pontificate on a subject he so obviously knew sweet f/all about.

On the other hand its easy to see why the anti CCR lobby got such a foot hold among divers. The statistics were truly awful.

I got into CCR a year after this crap from GI III was posted and a hell of a lot has changed thanks in no small part, to the Internet and sites like RBW, but i have to say the level of ignorance concerning CCR diving a meer five years ago and the level of information available now is simpley staggering.

Some times its worth taking a step back from RBW and just appreciating what a wealth of life critical information it really is.

Thanks Stuart.

ATB

Mark Chase

Nailer99 Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith's Avatar
    Megalodon

Re: GI III....What a twat

Oh, wow. Thanks forthe link. I find his lunatic rants most amusing- this is a treasure trove of entertainment to me- have some green!

Grand Beede' pieater is a jewel in the rough pieater is a jewel in the rough pieater is a jewel in the rough pieater is a jewel in the rough pieater is a jewel in the rough pieater is a jewel in the rough pieater is a jewel in the rough pieater's Avatar

waddya mean? Georges rants contain better one-liners than monty python. The man's genius, and should be on the stage.

I'm thinking of having some of his finer vitriol as a tattoo.

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Where is he now, Is he still cave diving?

Supporting Member DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill's Avatar
    HammerHead

Dolphin

That was great entertainment back in the day...:)

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    No, I dont think so. I saw him recently, although he has changed his name.
    He is now known as Zap Brannigan.

Famous line:
    "Kif, I have made it with a woman. Inform the men."
    and,
    "Kif, have the boy lay out my formal shorts."
    Last edited by divetheworld; 10th July 2008 at 21:40.
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

Nailer99 Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith's Avatar
    Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by divetheworld  View Original Post
    No, I dont think so. I saw him recently, although he has changed his name.
    He is now known as Zap Brannigan.

Famous line:
    Kif, I have made it with a woman. Inform the men.
    and,
    Kif, have the boy lay out my formal shorts.
    ROTFLMAO! Good one!

"If we can hit that bull's-eye,
    the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.
    Checkmate!"

"The spirit is willing but the flesh is spongy and bruised."

"Fly the white flag of war!"

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post

Apparently he's packed up diving and is into big game fishing in tight shorts and crop T shirts which is a bit worrying :D

His departure from GUE was a little sad considering it was him that put them on every ones radar and not so much the achievements at WKPP.

ATB

Mark

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    Apparently he's packed up diving and is into big game fishing in tight shorts and crop T shirts which is a bit worrying :D

ATB

Mark
    Are they velour?

:D
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by divetheworld  View Original Post
    Are they velour?

:D
    It's hard to get stains out of velour... Obviously from the salt spray... Ahem...

He was a twat but he was funny and a lot of people on the receiving end of his vitriol really didn't do themselves any favours in the first place. OTOH him and Wienke were pretty much the final stroke (pun intended) that finished off the Deco List.

He once sent me an email to say that something I wrote on Techdiver was the most offensive thing he'd ever read. I took it as a compliment but I can't for the life of me remember what it was :D

Cheers,

Stuart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast