+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pee valve installation steps?

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

Pee valve installation steps?

Hi There

A friend of mine is starting his meg course next week. However, because he has a bladder the size of a peanut, we have antisipated he might run in to problems during the training dives. Two years ago, during deco, I saw the relief in his eyes as he let go in his drysuit. As the good friend I am, I agreed to help him wash his suit and undergarment, however, I doubt that his instructor will do the same ;)

To ensure he will not end up in this situation, he has bought the following p-valve:

Balanced P-valve

I agreed to help him install it, but having never done this before on a drysuit, I need a step by step guide from an expert :)

The suit he is using is a standard trilaminate shell suit.

Thanks

ATB

Christian
    Come to the darkside.... we have cookies...

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Re: Pee valve installation steps?

measure and mark out and check lots 9if you get it wrong you'lll have a hole :o )

I went for stick patch on
    cut hole
    screw bits in and tighten

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

Check the location first, if it's too far to the inside of the leg then it makes walking around in the suit annoying because you keep catching the valve on the fabric of the other leg. Not a problem, just f***ing irritating... and yes I've learned through experience...

Also make sure it isn't too low as once all the kit is on you don't have as much reach as you'd expect... and yes I've learned from experience...

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

Glue?
    Come to the darkside.... we have cookies...

RBW Member Ferg3333 is an unknown quantity at this point Ferg3333's Avatar

I would use aquabond (bostick 2402) with maybe a dash of aquasure around the sides to make sure its sealed. Although the aquabond is usally fine on its own.

RBW Member seanpall is an unknown quantity at this point seanpall's Avatar
    Inspo

Instead of "cutting" the hole, measure the barrel of the valve that will go through the suit and purchase the appropriate size hole punch. This makes for a nice even hole with no jagged edge.

Mark the location of installation, lay suit out on work bench place a wood board "inside the suit, down the leg" place the hole punch in position and with a blunt object - hammer. Make sure the board is NOT on the other side of the leg so when you hit the punch you're not making two holes right through the leg. - I didn't explain that fully to a friend so he ended up with a nice hole on the back of the leg too which I ended up repairing.

I then put a little silicone between the two pieces and screw down snug.

Haven't had a leak

digital nomad GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM is a glorious beacon of light GKAM's Avatar
    Hyperion pSCR

IDA71, HomeBuilts, Ray, RGU/FM

Check out this old pdf. I'd say the installation instructions are pretty universal... :D

/GKAM

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Afterwards let him shave his privates in private... before he tries it out, thats one part you don't want to help with. (I guess!)

RBW Member ScubaAl will become famous soon enough ScubaAl will become famous soon enough ScubaAl will become famous soon enough ScubaAl's Avatar
    Inspiration, rEvo micro

What I did earlier this year was after determining the location. I used a soldering iron to burn the hole in the suit. Next I took and made 2 gaskets out of a old dry glove. Place one inside, one outside of the suit. Screwed the valve together, not leaks to date. Like many people will tell you, the hardest part of the operation is putting a hole in a perfectly good drysuit. Al

rEvo combat swimmer fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman's Avatar
    rEvo

Orca

There is a good PDF on halcyons download page. I used a soldering gun to make the hole and a little auqaseal.
    http://www.halcyon.net/manuals/strea...ve_01b_web.pdf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast