+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report - wreck of the Rodeo & Reef Drift Aboard ScubaTyme 07-06-2008

RBW Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Trip Report - wreck of the Rodeo & Reef Drift Aboard ScubaTyme 07-06-2008

Well, Everthing started out fantastic. The weather was sunny and warm with the ocean being about 2' or so. Our first dive was on the Wreck of the Rodeo which sets in about 125' of water. I divebombed to the bottom and took a couple of pics around the rudder.

Then I went inside and got a couple more pics:

Then I saw this opening that was calling my name:

I spent the next 15 minutes, and all my bottom time, trying to get unstuck from this hell-hole. This is what it looked like after I got out:

I headed for the closest exit and slowly began my ascent. Scott and Tim were floating around too:

I was on my back for this shot of the mast. There may be some incriminating pics of me surfacing over this?

If you want to see all my pics for this dive and the reef, they are posted here:
    RODEO & REEF PICS

RBW Member Runawaylobster is an unknown quantity at this point Runawaylobster's Avatar

Re: Trip Report - wreck of the Rodeo & Reef Drift Aboard ScubaTyme 07-06-2008

nice pics :)

I was wondering what pics would come out of that hole LOL!!

:)

LL

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Alright folks, I too was there on Sunday and had a nice couple of dives. I also managed to take a few pictures, but haven't gone through all the shots yet, but I do have a few I can share.

I wasn't buddied up with Don, so I didn't notice him stuck inside the wreck, but I did happen to be swimming by right after he got himself free and exited the wreck.

I also think that Don's little dilema may have knocked a screw loose in his head, because I subsequently witnessed some pretty unusual behavior, and since I always have my point & shoot handy, I figured I should document his actions so we could show it to his therapist later! Lol! If you can figure out what he was up to, please let me know, because I have no idea!! Lol!

Shortly after, Don's internal hard drive rebooted and he appeared to be back to his usual self!

Here's a picture of the one and only Runawaylobster!

Here's a couple of pictures of PadiPro.

All-in-all it was a nice day of diving, especially since we also did a nice long reef drift dive after. Then most of us headed over to Bru's Room for awesome chicken wings!

Last edited by sfldiver; 8th July 2008 at 11:30.

RBW Member Runawaylobster is an unknown quantity at this point Runawaylobster's Avatar

I think those are just the "i'm so happy to be free" poses!!!

i guess this is how he got out of there :)

LL

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Adrian

Don is demonstating a new dive position that he learned and practised on his cave course. It called the spiderman and he had to use it when he found himself pinned to the roof of the cave after not dumping air out of his drysuit while ascending.

John

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    Adrian

Don is demonstating a new dive position that he learned and practised on his cave course. It called the spiderman and he had to use it when he found himself pinned to the roof of the cave after not dumping air out of his drysuit while ascending.

John
    Not a bad theory John!

However, we came up with our own theory while viewing the pictures after the dive. After careful analysis of the pictures, we came to the conclusion that Don was simulating the scene from the movie, The Matrix, where Keanu Reeves is dodging the oncoming bullets by leaning back and girating the upper portion of his torso at super high speed, yet the camera showed it all happening in super slow motion!

Maybe Don has somehow found a way to temporarily disconnect himself from the Matrix we're all connected to - That would certainly explain much of the unconventional behavior!!

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Maybe the balance of his metal frame is just a bit off ...
    You got nice looking lobsters in FL. :D

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

oncoming bullet = mempilot with scooter

John

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

As his cave diving partner, I can tell you that what he's doing here is thanking jesus, that he got out alive, yet again. I saw this behavior many times after a successful cave exit.

Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    I spent the next 15 minutes, and all my bottom time, trying to get unstuck from this hell-hole. This is what it looked like after I got out:
    Since even Jill Heinerth's expert cave instruction didn't do the trick and keep Don from squeezing into passages too small for him to keep from getting himself, either in a sticky situation or outright stuck, I think we may need to go to plan B and essentially take more drastic measures!

I propose that anytime Don dives a cave or a wreck, we make him wear one of those large diameter Elizabethan / lamp shade like collors they make dogs wear around their neck after surgery, so they won't scratch themselves, because a device like that, if we make it at least 36 inches in diameter, should at least keep Don out of restictions smaller than he's able to reasonably squeeze himself through!

I'm not saying this is immediately going to solve all Don's problems, but at least if we attempt this first, then we might be able to avoid having to go the route of Baker Acting him and having him held for 72 hour observation for being a danger to himself!
    Last edited by sfldiver; 9th July 2008 at 19:09.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast