Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Wreckfest

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

Re: Wreckfest

Quote Originally Posted by Muzz  View Original Post
    BTWThe NL is a very predictable wreck in the way of currents.
    Respectfully disagree with you on this. I've done it with absolutely no current, stern tied in, freefalled down the line, grapnel just sitting in the sand next to the wreck.

Then there is the other extreme. :D

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

Re: Wreckfest

Quote Originally Posted by mempilot  View Original Post
    Respectfully disagree with you on this. I've done it with absolutely no current, stern tied in, freefalled down the line, grapnel just sitting in the sand next to the wreck.

Then there is the other extreme. :D
    I think he meant in the direction of the current relative to dropping up-current of the wreck, not the intensity; hence his description of the location of the missing diver's gear in a predictable bearing/location.

We have also seen it from 0 to 3+, but unlike some other areas, typically when you have current it is moving in a predictable fashion. Not saying it can't happen, but I have not seen nor typically heard of intense reverse currents, dramatic offshore pushes, etc. At least not compared to more unpredictable areas like Central Florida where its more often a crapshoot than not.

RBW Member diveladydive is on a distinguished road diveladydive is on a distinguished road diveladydive's Avatar

Smile Re: Wreckfest

Quote Originally Posted by Chris at Silent World  View Original Post
    Will do Perri, was nice to meet you btw.
    same here

safe diving,

Peri

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6