+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Faber Dumpy 3L cylinders...

RBW Member Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan's Avatar

Faber Dumpy 3L cylinders...

Anyone know the length (and perhaps diameter) of these cylinders. I'm toying with the idea of butt-mounting one on the Yellow Box for suit inflation, and spidge bagging purposes - and I want to know if it's about the right length to fit width-wise underneath. (would also have the bonus of making the unit sit a little higher for kitting up when I've built a nice stainless cage for it...)

Anyone tried this on a YBOD? Or suggest the perfect size?

Cheers..

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar
    I'll get back to you with exact sizes
    but length is aboutwhat 4-6 inches less than the height of a YBOD

probably about the same as the width of the YBOD

and 5 inches diameter

will get back to you later

Johnny The Hatch Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad's Avatar
    CCR2000, Megalodon, Homebuilt

Norge, FGT, mk15, KISS, Inspo

i dont remember the exact size of it, but it is shorter and thicker than a normal 3L. And i dont think its a good choise for the YBOD, i am not sure you will even get the cover on.
    Why would you like to have dumpy on a YBOD? I have standard size 3L on my KISS, jus like the Inspiration, but i am thinking of adding dumpy's to my KISS, just because they do stick out. They are to long.

kind regards
    Jonny

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    I think Padowons temrinology might have been confusing - butt mount = to mount it underneath the bottom of the unit in a horizontal postion resting against your bum.

Eg not replace the standard cylinders but have an additional one!

stuart

Johnny The Hatch Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad's Avatar
    CCR2000, Megalodon, Homebuilt

Norge, FGT, mk15, KISS, Inspo

if i wasnt so freaking tired i would have noticed that i didnt manage to read and understand the post... hehehe
    Sorry about that!

/Jonny

RBW Member Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan is just really nice Padowan's Avatar
    Got some input from someone that they might be Heiser cylinders, not Fabers. length 395mm apparently - I reckon that'd fit sweetly under my ass!!!

3L x 200bar = 600L which'll fill up my 60kg liftbag down to 90m - nice!

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Padowan
    Got some input from someone that they might be Heiser cylinders, not Fabers. length 395mm apparently - I reckon that'd fit sweetly under my ass!!!

3L x 200bar = 600L which'll fill up my 60kg liftbag down to 90m - nice!
    Since they're Heisers.... I'll measure mine!!

395mm length (minus valve)
    14 1/2" circumference (including bits of rust from the bessel)

/Zak (Available from sea and sea)

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckweasel
    /Zak (Available from sea and sea)
    your avaliable from Sea and Sea? blimey :)

Padowan as you've got the answer I was going to get you, I shall not answer as promised :p and leave you to your mad ideas :p

(loving the smilies)

+ Reply to Thread