+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Divers/plongeurs, Nice/Cannes/St Raphael?

Normal people worry me jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap's Avatar

Divers/plongeurs, Nice/Cannes/St Raphael?

Salut/Hi there

I'm going to our family house close to Grasse next week staying for a few weeks. Its not a diving trip but it would be nice to see if one could perhaps get some rebreather dives in.

I'm flying down so the regular dive gear cannot come along. But I have a little OC-gear and a small O2-rebreather stored there.
    Will perhaps bring my lightweight sling or Norge-rebreather with MCCR-kit along if there are any "homebuilt-Rebreather" friendly people around for some dives. Simply meeting & having a few beers with the local "rebreathers" also works :)

Not looking for alot of or any advanced diving on this trip.

I'm not sure how much O2 and sorb I have left so current info about places to get a little O2 filled in my "foreign" 10l-O2 stage I have there and perhaps some sorb would be nice?

And yes, Je comprends et parle Francais assez bien mais ecrire en Francais c'est difficile...

/Anders

RBW Member Guilhem has a spectacular aura about Guilhem has a spectacular aura about Guilhem has a spectacular aura about Guilhem has a spectacular aura about Guilhem has a spectacular aura about Guilhem has a spectacular aura about Guilhem's Avatar

Re: Divers/plongeurs, Nice/Cannes/St Raphael?

I posted this privately to jaap, but figured it could be of interest also for other people.
    ---------

On the Cap d'Antibes, there are 3 spots I know of where you can shore dive.

1/ le Graillon. At the very tip of the cape, there's a parking lot, right next to the Musee Napoleon. It's very small (30-40 cars maybe ?) and not free in the summer. Arrive early, park there, get ready. Walk down the stairways along the wall of the museum, you end up on a small pebel beach where a dive center sets up a tent in the summer. Get in the water, and follow the wall at your left hand side. Max depth is probably 18-20 m.

2/ Cap Gros
    Long, strenuous walk... Park at the Garoupe beach, walk down the path that is to the right of the beach when you look at the sea. The walk is probably 500m, fortunately it's flat, but long under hot sun. When you arrive at the next large beach, get in the water. It's tricky as the slope goes down very slowly, and the rocks want you to fall at every step :D. Then swim maybe 150m to the cape in front of you to the right. Once at the tip, get down under, and follow the wall to your right hand side. Max depth around 40m. Very nice, I saw barracudas there two days ago. (but I cheated, I came with my boat ).

3/ La Grenille.
    At the beginning of the Cap d'Antibes, on Antibes side, there's a small beach and a harbor call "La salis". Keep driving something like 500m until you see this rockly "island" on your left. Park, go down the stair to a 5m-wide beach (you can't see it driving, you have to park first). Swim accros the "channel" (200m or so). In the summer, you don't want to swim at the surface, boats ride through at high speed. Take a compass heading and swim underwater (max depth 5-6m). Once at the island, swim around it by keeping the island to your left side. You'll get to a ledge, then a wall sloping down to 30 m or so, on the opposite side of the island. Plan to be in the water for 1h30 or so with the long swims.

Enjoy !

SAGA Saga is an unknown quantity at this point Saga's Avatar

Hi,You're always welcome to dive with us in Saint RaphaŽl. We got anything you need (O2, sorb and rebreathers).Cheers,Evelinewww.tek-aventure.com

Normal people worry me jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saga  View Original Post
    Hi,You're always welcome to dive with us in Saint RaphaŽl. We got anything you need (O2, sorb and rebreathers).Cheers,Evelinewww.tek-aventure.com
    Good to know, I think I will call you when I get to France. Was a few years since I dove around Saint RaphaŽl so I guess a revisit is due.

+ Reply to Thread