+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kiss v. Evo

Photo & Video Pro h2ophotopro is an unknown quantity at this point h2ophotopro's Avatar

Kiss v. Evo

I am a current Evo diver and also owned an Inspiration. I took a good look at the Kiss Sport while at Dema and am very very interested in learning more about it. Do any of you guys have experience with both units? Im just curious of the similarities and differences.

Thank you....Mike

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Re: Kiss v. Evo

Quote Originally Posted by h2ophotopro
    I am a current Evo diver and also owned an Inspiration. I took a good look at the Kiss Sport while at Dema and am very very interested in learning more about it. Do any of you guys have experience with both units? Im just curious of the similarities and differences.

Thank you....Mike
    Well in terms of size they are similiar... for CA waters I'd get it with a SS case instead of an AL case..

Its a nice simple rig to dive with, and very fast breakdown and re assembly..

It does require more monitoring than an eCCR, and I probably would not use it for applications that require my highest attention.. If I was going to use it with high task loads I would want some form of HUD added even though in general I don't like HUD (on my HH I dive it without the HUD)

Personally I think its too small for me, but I also feel the same about the evo... For a bigger person, I prefer a much taller unit.. makes getting in and out of the rig easier, I changed my inspiration chasis as well to a taller unit since I felt it also was too short....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Last edited by jradomski; 5th November 2005 at 18:28.
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Do any of you guys have experience with both units? Im just curious of the similarities and differences.
    I have owned the Classic-KISS, Sport-KISS, Inspiration and Evolution so I might be able to give you some information.

For the general KISS information, go to the Jetsam website (www.jetsam.ca) since all you need to know about the KISS units are there.

However, in general, these are the main characteristics of the KISS units (not in any order of importance):
    • not solenoid-driven like AP-Valve units when bought from Jetsam.
    • solenoid-driven for set-point control packages from 3rd parties are available.
    • constant O2 addition is via mechanical mean of pressure thru an small orifice. Flow rate is set for slightly less than what the diver metabolizes at the minimum. Manual addition is used to maintain set-point when metabolized more (i.e. more exertion)
    • 3 sensors to monitor PO2, feeding via 3 independent cables, to 3 independent PO2 displays, with 3 independent power supplying batteries
    • back-mount CL system.
    • minimum loop volume is set by selecting different sizes of CL, or adjusting the CL baffle.
    • any wing and/or backplate could be used with the units.
    • ADV and OPV are built-in.
    • OC-CC DSV is included.
    • Classic-KISS scrubber duration is rated similar to the Inspiration.
    • Sport-KISS is rated slightly less.
    • Not CE-, NEDU-, NASA-, USN-tested.
    • ~1 month waiting list for Sport-KISS, and ~2 months for Classic-KISS.
    • used to go to end of more caves than any other unit, AFAIK.
    • Classic-KISS has been used to at least 115m in original unmodified condition, and the Sport-KISS to 92m. Yet officially, Classic-KISS is rated to 75m and Sport-KISS to 50m.
    Ask any specific questions as you wish...

Photo & Video Pro h2ophotopro is an unknown quantity at this point h2ophotopro's Avatar

Thanks guys...Im just toyin with the idea of picking one of these up for travel. It seems like it is so much smaller and lighter and would be easier to travel with, espcially since I could just use and small tanks from my destination whether they be 13cf or 19cf tanks

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

It seems like it is so much smaller and lighter and would be easier to travel with...
    I suggest that you read a bit more on this topic in this forum since A LOT of information was already posted (with pictures) about traveling with the Sport-KISS.

And, yes, it is perfect for travel.

RBW Member rusty has a spectacular aura about rusty has a spectacular aura about rusty has a spectacular aura about rusty has a spectacular aura about rusty has a spectacular aura about rusty's Avatar

Hi Mike,

I have little experience with the EVO but own a classic and sport KISS and the sport is almost identical to the classic in every way except it is easier to breakdown, maintain setpoints(smaller loop volume) and assemble, is much smaller and has an excellent WOB for a backmounted counterlung rig. I use my sport KISS when testing Light & Motion housings(its me...) and have not had any problem with task loading though if you are not accustomed to monitoring your handset frequently(which you should be anyway with any E-CCR) it will take some getting used to. Although you are looking at the handset frequently to check PO2, more often than not you are checking the readings than you are adding O2 as the unit is very easy to maintain a setpoint once you match your metabolic rate with the IP on the first stage. Anyway you have my # and if you ever want to discuss the Sport KISS in detail feel free to give me a call. I am currently working on new displays for the sport KISS and will be diving them next week to start testing them out.

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Talking Re: Kiss v. Evo

Quote Originally Posted by rusty
    the sport is almost identical to the classic in every way
    Artistic license methinks ;)

I know where you're coming from though

+ Reply to Thread