+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spain Costa Brava - RB status ?

RBW Member Dive!Dive! is on a distinguished road Dive!Dive! is on a distinguished road Dive!Dive!'s Avatar

Spain Costa Brava - RB friendly status ?

Folks
    I'ff off to the Costa Brava (Tamariu) for a couple of weeks with the family in August. We've been before and I know there are local dive centres which I've used before owning a Rebreather.
    Do any of you know if O2 is available locally ? I know some of the centres do Nitrox. Any RB friendly dive operations ?
    Thanks for any info before I haul my gear all the way there for nothing...
    Cheers
    Steve

PS I'm aware of the special Catalan rules on tank testing....
    Last edited by Dive!Dive!; 30th June 2008 at 18:34.

RBW Member Dive!Dive! is on a distinguished road Dive!Dive! is on a distinguished road Dive!Dive!'s Avatar

Re: Spain Costa Brava - RB status ?

Anyone ???

RBW Member Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

KISS Classic

Off track a bit; what are the "special Catalan rules on tank testing"?

I've got family in Spain and intend to take my KISS out there in the near future and wonder if it will have any bearing on things.

They're not in Tamariu, so sorry cant help you there though.

Dive safe,

Gary

RBW Member si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote's Avatar
    Sentinel, Evolution

Meg, Ouroboros, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Graham  View Original Post
    Off track a bit; what are the "special Catalan rules on tank testing"?

I've got family in Spain and intend to take my KISS out there in the near future and wonder if it will have any bearing on things.

They're not in Tamariu, so sorry cant help you there though.

Dive safe,

Gary
    unless that region is different it should be the same for the whole of spain, which is more stringent than en 1968:2003 the rules for spain are evey year visual, and hydro every 3

regards si

Gary
    The tanks have to be tested not more than 1 year - cant remember it its visual or hydro - or they wont fill them. As I found out to my annoyance a couple of years back with oc gear..
    Steve

RBW Member si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote has a spectacular aura about si_b_lanzarote's Avatar
    Sentinel, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Dive!Dive!  View Original Post
    Gary
    The tanks have to be tested not more than 1 year - cant remember it its visual or hydro - or they wont fill them. As I found out to my annoyance a couple of years back with oc gear..
    Steve

yeah its the same for the whole of spain,

regards si

RBW Member Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

KISS Classic

Cheers guys.

Gary

Sentinel, Evolution

to answer your question though speak to craig, "pondlife" on here, he lives tarragona area he should be able to point you in the right direction, sometimes hard to get a hold of though he works away alot.

regards si

RBW Member Icarusflies is an unknown quantity at this point Icarusflies's Avatar

I don't know where Tamariu is but if close to Barcelona a good bet would be to give a call to Servisub. They are DIR divers but can do O2 and I am sure they will orient you about your rebreather needs since they serve other rebreather divers in the region.

SERVISUB
    C/ Ausias Marc, 136
    08013 Barcelona
    Spain
    Tel: 932324405
    servisub@servisub.com

Ask for Eva, she speaks/writes English.

Steve
    Last edited by Icarusflies; 30th June 2008 at 19:44.

+ Reply to Thread