+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Post Some Pictures of Your Home builds

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Post Some Pictures of Your Home builds

Hi guys!!

Well lets see these beauties and hear a little about them!! Tell us about them in the forums and include a link to your gallery page...

I have now set up the Gallery so you can create your very own sub catagory underneath the Home Builds Gallery....

What you want to do is slide on over to the Gallery then click on the Gallery Menu called my stuff then click on the catagory admin link....There you can make your very own folder / sub catagory underneath Home Builds and upload your lovely pictures to....

Alternatly you can just click this! http://www.rebreatherworld.com/gallery/managecats.php?

Look forward to seeing them!

Stuart

PS soon we will have a link on the forum posting box that you will be able to insert any photos you have uploaded into your posts...

Custom Title Allowed! Digger is a glorious beacon of light Digger is a glorious beacon of light Digger is a glorious beacon of light Digger is a glorious beacon of light Digger is a glorious beacon of light Digger is a glorious beacon of light Digger is a glorious beacon of light Digger is a glorious beacon of light Digger is a glorious beacon of light Digger is a glorious beacon of light Digger is a glorious beacon of light Digger's Avatar
    Well, the ones of me at eh Stoney gig are up. All I need to do now is write a decent report of building the things and learn how she dives. So far not bad, just a few issues which may or may not need major sorting!

I learnt how to calibrate my handsets yesterday too. I think I'll be doign that more often/ ;)

Digs.

D5 sidemount rebreather.

If just updated the webpage about the D5 sidemount unit with more pictures and a better description of its construction. Comments most welcome. Not sure how fast the page will load for dial up but many of the pictures are rendered half their actual size if folks want more detail they can save them and view them off line. Alternatively I could upload the pictures into the gallery. Whatever suits.

They are here: http://www.sump4.com/rebreather/d5_construction.html

BioPak60 Deathbox! rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds's Avatar
    BP-60, Revo Mod1

Duncan- you are the shit. :D Was just having to sort this out by the pic of it in your mouth- I had everything but the screw bolt to keep the plunger from falling out. Cindy says you had probs with this one pulling your face to once side- what's yer take? (I can probably crank one out in a few hours, but I still have to spend the cash for a fat rod of PVC- would like to know if I'm wasting my time...)

Jason

BioPak60 Deathbox! rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds will become famous soon enough rchrds's Avatar
    BP-60, Revo Mod1

Biopak

Hey- just tossed two pics of me on my HEAVILY modified Biopak 60- There are more home machined parts than original parts on this one. Based on the old Biopak-60 firefighting unit- I gutted the whole thing- the only original parts are the scrubber, scrubber cover, housing and diapharagm. All the addition mechanisms are mine. It's fed O2 with a fixed orifice directly to the scrubber area, with mechanical addition of diluent. Also includes a manual O2/Diluent addition block which uses all LPI quick release hoses. Fed through two DESO quick connects to the O2 and Dil bottles. Built a custom stainless panel that the counterlung bolts to- totally eliminated the original housing plate shown in the pics. All of the plumbing is semi-flexible plastic line rated to 250 PSI fitted to push in connections- I can replace all of the plumbing with bare fingers- no tools needed, and absolutely no leaks yet- this stuff is great. three sensors squeezed under the cover feed a triple readout worn on the wrist (not visible in pics.) If anyone is interested, I can put some more pics of the pieces parts.

Jason

Already working on the RB-80 knockoff- almost done....

Quote Originally Posted by rchrds
    Duncan- you are the shit. :D Was just having to sort this out by the pic of it in your mouth- I had everything but the screw bolt to keep the plunger from falling out. Cindy says you had probs with this one pulling your face to once side- what's yer take? (I can probably crank one out in a few hours, but I still have to spend the cash for a fat rod of PVC- would like to know if I'm wasting my time...)
    Jason

OK so you've found the technical drawings at www.sump4.com/rebreather/d5_mouthpiece.pdf

Forrest Wilson is making up some clones - he's on this forum so you'd best get in touch with him. I found the hose routing OK with the standard Ray mouthpiece that is on Cindy's D5 (#2) and D5#4 that is also at her place. To be honest you might want to look at them - I'd consider swopping #4 for $ though I need to supply a new lid for the scrubber as parts of it are still in Skull Sink :-(.

With the s/m mouthpiec the hoses tend to pull on the mouth - I have tried weights on the hoses but I'm not convinced. The Ray mouthpiece lets the hoses lie over the face which is quite comfortable. One thing you need to bear in mind is that the s/m mouthpiece is handed in that the exhale diaphram needs to be lower than the inhale diaphram. There are flimsy inserts in the Airtess mouthpiece to allow you to convert between left and right handed operation.

all the best

Duncan

New Member waynej is an unknown quantity at this point waynej's Avatar
    Would like to see more of your rig and any updates on how its working out for you.
    Thanks
    wayne.
    www.rebreathertech.com

+ Reply to Thread