+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OPV cracked/fell apart....

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

OPV cracked/fell apart....

Took apart the loop for post dive cleaning, and the retaining nut of my OPV on the neoprene counterlungs broke apart....

I happen to have a spare si-tech drysuit valve and the pieces now freely shaking around look identical...

Basically, the inside retaining nut has a small flat disc and a larger piece with curved spaces to allow air flow, and a captured sponge....

The two plastic pices have seperated, with the most outside piece and sponge shaking freely, the OPV appears to be still securely fastened...

Removed the sponge, but the plastic bits are two big to extract through the hole for connecting the T....

What to do......? Next dive is July 4th, so I have a little time.

-Tim

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

Re: OPV cracked/fell apart....

Bring it over to Scott's. He's got skills. It might end up pink though, so I wouldn't leave it there.

RBW Member jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h will become famous soon enough jeff h's Avatar

Re: OPV cracked/fell apart....

I've pulled apart my manual add inflator valves before to clean them. You can pull them through their holes (turn the ring sideways, fold the hole in half, etc). It's a little tight but the neoprene gives. I've never messed with the opv but you might try pulling it through the mav hole. It's about as much fun as installing a set of dryglove rings in a drysuit.Hope you find a solution.-Jeff

+ Reply to Thread