+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Monkey's Week long Live Aboard North Bahama's

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Re: Monkey's Week long Live Aboard North Bahama's

Hi Monkey, how does the diving in the Northern Bahamas compare to Southern Bahamas? Have you or anyone else here done both itineraries on the Nekton boats? -Andy

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

How many EAC would one bring on a trip like this ? Use one a day ? That's probably cutting it pretty close, no ?

Also, and I just want to be re-assured there but I dove at the club med island in the Bahamas and was quite underwhelmed by the reefs there ( Gallery | Bahamas 2005 ). I'll be frank and tell you that I am quite underwhelmed by reefs in the Pompano region so I might just be a snob. What should I expect on this trip ?

(I love wrecks of course but I am also addicted to good, colorful, interestingly landscaped reefs).

Erik

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by edasque  View Original Post
    How many EAC would one bring on a trip like this ? Use one a day ? That's probably cutting it pretty close, no ?

Also, and I just want to be re-assured there but I dove at the club med island in the Bahamas and was quite underwhelmed by the reefs there ( Gallery | Bahamas 2005 ). I'll be frank and tell you that I am quite underwhelmed by reefs in the Pompano region so I might just be a snob. What should I expect on this trip ?

(I love wrecks of course but I am also addicted to good, colorful, interestingly landscaped reefs).

Erik
    Erik,

I'm assuming I'll use 8 to 10 EAC's total, that should be plenty, and I should have some left over - So I'll probably take 3 cases, just in case. However, remember that I am shooting pictures, so I generally don't want to leave the water, unless I'm out of battery power!

I wouldn't gauge the dives in the Bahamas by where Club Med took you, because, even though their Bahama's Resort is probably listed as being a dedicated dive resort, serious divers is not their core clientel. I went to the Martinique Club Med many years ago. I specifically picked Martinique, because it was a dedicated dive resort - It was the worst diving I've ever done in my life, seriously!

And BTW, I agree that Pompano Beach reef diving is not the best diving. It's nice, but nothing to write home about. On the days when visibility is superb, it improves considerably, because clear water is the key to making the colors pop, and if there's one thing the Bahamas has is clear water.

BTW, I think the planned itinerary has 3 wreck scheduled for the week.

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

I am about to say yes. Trying to enroll Samwise. Will mull it overnight.

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

STAGING

For those out of towners... PLEASE FEEL FREE TO UPS OR FEDEX YOUR GEAR TO ME AHEAD OF TIME...

When you fly in I can meet you at the air port with your gear or I can get it to the boat for you.

and with enough advance warning I can have bail out bottles available.

and I can certainly have OPTIMA CARTRIGES AVAILABLE so you Optima divers don't have to ship in or show up with any.

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Quote Originally Posted by edasque  View Original Post

Erik
    Northwestern Bahamas Itinerary

There is a guest review of the specific trip we are on ..

Head Dishwasher
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Quote Originally Posted by silent running  View Original Post
    Hi Monkey, how does the diving in the Northern Bahamas compare to Southern Bahamas? Have you or anyone else here done both itineraries on the Nekton boats? -Andy

I have not done any of these dives.
    so I could not give you an acurate answer..

RBW Member mixedgas is an unknown quantity at this point mixedgas's Avatar
    Sentinel-Meg-Dolphin

This trip sounds really cool!
    I'll let you know soon.....It would be me and my wife and she is still is OC
    How many divers will the boat take????
    Cheers, Jeff

Head Dishwasher
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas  View Original Post
    This trip sounds really cool!
    I'll let you know soon.....It would be me and my wife and she is still is OC
    How many divers will the boat take????
    Cheers, Jeff

My wife is still OC and will be with us... so your Wife would not be odd man out..

and the boat sleeps 32....... and they are good rooms ...with full size queen and doubles.

Nekton Pilot

click above for boat layout.

RBW Member mixedgas is an unknown quantity at this point mixedgas's Avatar
    Sentinel-Meg-Dolphin

Thanks for the information!
    I have a few more questions, but they may have been answered in one of the threads.
    Jeff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 14 ... LastLast