+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Monkey's Week long Live Aboard North Bahama's

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Monkey's Week long Live Aboard North Bahama's

I have chartered a week long live aboard with Nekton Cruises for the week of September 13-20th. The trip is open to OC and CCR divers. The Itinerary is set for the North Bahamas.
    http://www.nektoncruises.com/
    Now there has been some bad press about Nekton. So before going public with this trip my wife and I decided to take a tour of the boat. We are happy to report they have refurbished the boat and itís in great shape.
    I have made every attempt to make this trip as painless for CCR divers as possible so there will be Sorb and 02 available on the boat, along with rental bottles, sized for rebreathers.

Trip Pricing:

$1550 (per person) includes all Food, Fuel Surcharges and all taxes (both Bahamian and US)
    Jugs of Sorb will be 115 a jug.
    02 will 6 dollars a day and rental bottles will be 3 dollars a day.
    Booster use will be free (2 will be aboard)
    There will also be a full complement of CCR service items on board. Extra cells, o rings, 02 grease, etc.
    Since the trip is limited to the somewhat shallow Bahamian waters, AIR will be the DIL of choice, However banked 21/35 and banked 10/50 will be available and priced upon request.
    This is a Seven day trip with five days of diving and five drops per day.
    If you are willing to pay by cash or check there is a $50 discount and that would lower the cost of the trip to 1500 dollars.

If you are interested in the fine details of the trip please contact me directly at james@bigassmonkey.com

Monkey

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Re: Monkey's Week long Live Aboard North Bahama's

Still making arrangements with Monkey for my deposit/payment, but I'm definitely in!

I'm very much looking forward to shooting lots of pictures while diving off a livaboard with my rebreather in the Bahamas!

Anyone else thinking about this trip?

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

James,

I'm going to be in Bonaire from the 6th-12th, returning to Ft. Lauderdale mid day on the 14th. If the days had matched up, I would have been able to go.

Eric

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Quote Originally Posted by mempilot  View Original Post
    James,

I'm going to be in Bonaire from the 6th-12th, returning to Ft. Lauderdale mid day on the 14th. If the days had matched up, I would have been able to go.

Eric

your killing me....

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Dove with Monkey this weekend and heard more details about this trip. I'm definitely signed on and excited to spend a week in the Bahamas diving my rebreather in beautiful clear waters, without having to deal with all the usual hassle that come with trying to do that with my rebreather.

I even ordered a new camera and housing, as I expect to be shooting pictures the whole trip - I'm anticipating a great trip report for this one!

So, if you are looking to do some great diving, and would like to book a trip that you can take your own stuff (remember, it departs from within the U.S., so you can always just UPS or FedEx your stuff down here), or make very easy arrangement to get supplied with all the essentials onboard, as Monkey appears to have made all the areangements in advance, I would definitely take a good look at this trip!

I have no affiliation to this trip, other than the fact that I am signed up for the trip and would like to ensure that we have a good group of divers onboard.

Hope you join us!
    Last edited by sfldiver; 23rd June 2008 at 12:02.

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Alrighty - i'm thinking about it... lemme see if I can get my vacation request moved... Seeing how it's local solves alot of travel issues......

-Tim

Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    Alrighty - i'm thinking about it... lemme see if I can get my vacation request moved... Seeing how it's local solves alot of travel issues......

-Tim
    I didn't say anything about wanting more Meg divers onboard!

All kidding aside Tim, it would be awesome if you went on this trip!!!

Plus, Monkey does seem to have many of the rebreather diving logistics taken care of for us, which is a HUGE selling point for me.

I knew if I indicated that I would be including lot's of pictures within my trip report of Monkeys trip, that divers wanting to become Online Rebreather World Stars would come out of the wood works!

Hope you can swing it!

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sfldiver  View Original Post
    I didn't say anything about wanting more Meg divers onboard!

All kidding aside Tim, it would be awesome if you went on this trip!!!

Plus, Monkey does seem to have many of the rebreather diving logistics taken care of for us, which is a HUGE selling point for me.

I knew if I indicated that I would be including lot's of pictures within my trip report of Monkeys trip, that divers wanting to become Online Rebreather World Stars would come out of the wood works!

Hope you can swing it!
    Tell you what... we keep a running tally of bottom time vs. missed bottom time and we track spares kit usage and end this bickering once and for all......

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    Tell you what... we keep a running tally of bottom time vs. missed bottom time and we track spares kit usage and end this bickering once and for all......
    I like your thinking, but.......

This is not a perfect world and we will most likely be bashing each others units forever. It is just good clean fun.

Yes, this is coming from the guy with a BLACK Optima.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    I like your thinking, but.......

This is not a perfect world and we will most likely be bashing each others units forever. It is just good clean fun.

Yes, this is coming from the guy with a BLACK Optima.
    Don

You do not need to bash others units. You do a good enough job bashing you own against the side of the wreck. I saw it with my own eyes.

On topic: I would love to go on this trip. Been on Nekton with OC and they did a great job. Dive you own profiles and times. You just had to schedule it to conflict with my trip over to Thailand. Probably just wanted to keep another Meg off the trip. :D

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast