+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new (?) rebreather 'iLs'

RBW Member shil will become famous soon enough shil will become famous soon enough shil will become famous soon enough shil's Avatar

new (?) rebreather 'iLs'

A new ccr protype made by Ocean Opportunity RIa and URI and MIT,called ' iLS'.
    Anyone knows, has details of this unt ?

Shil

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

Re: new (?) rebreather 'iLs'

yep, I do..I built it!

The iLS (integrated Life System) is a systems integration project evolving a model platform for demonstration of CCRs in scientific and commercial operations. a full unit has been designed, however we are prioritizing development of subsystem level components that we feel there is a true market for. Short story...my philosophy is that a rebreather is a rebreather is a rebreather at the core, but industry should be working to standardize several configuration principles. This starts with gas distribution. Details can be found here: Exploration Technologies Group. System is being demo'd this summer, and results are being published over a series of white papers targeted to the HPEE and AAUS.

I wouldnt expect to see anything hit the market all that soon..isnt our intent, rather through the course of R&D, we are looking to influence design principles, and operational considerations, and open larger markets for aftermarket parts.

Work is being funded by our non-profit: Oceans of Opportunity

RBW Member shil will become famous soon enough shil will become famous soon enough shil will become famous soon enough shil's Avatar

This seems to be in direct competition with what Alex is working on. (?)
    Are the white papers available for forum members.

Shil

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

Our motives are similar to Alex's, but a different approach. His work is exceptionally critical for developers and manufacturers. Our work is more applied research, and of more interest for end-users. Our first paper will be presented in September, and will be made available shortly thereafter. I'll be posting everything on RBW as it becomes available.

Thanks for your interest!

+ Reply to Thread