+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First Swedish BOB finally put together.

Another Dilligaf Diver nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer's Avatar

Re: First Swedish BOB finally put together.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyB  View Original Post
    Hi Paul, hopefully we will dive it tomorrow...

/Jonny

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Hi Frederik, the new BOB- rebreather looks great, so the ray-scrubber I sell to You find i nice home:D. Let us know how it dive.

Cheer from Italy
    Ossi

RBW Member PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gerstl_ossi  View Original Post
    Hi Frederik, the new BOB- rebreather looks great, so the ray-scrubber I sell to You find i nice home:D. Let us know how it dive.

Cheer from Italy
    Ossi
    Thank you Ossi!

the bad thing is that i have been to busy diving to find the time to actually dive my BOB but I will soon. I also joined a very good divingclub so there will be alot more ocean diving now than before.

Im very thrilled for this and will bring the BOB for some ocean tryout in the summer.

I will post more pictures as the design will progress.

Another Dilligaf Diver nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PoseidonSv  View Original Post
    Thank you Ossi!

the bad thing is that i have been to busy diving to find the time to actually dive my BOB but I will soon. I also joined a very good divingclub so there will be alot more ocean diving now than before.

Im very thrilled for this and will bring the BOB for some ocean tryout in the summer.

I will post more pictures as the design will progress.

Bump... Hey Frederik...Been diving it yet?

RBW Member Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M is just really nice Steve-M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nicothesailer  View Original Post
    Bump... Hey Frederik...Been diving it yet?

It's been a long time with no news ... anything happening??

I would be interested to hear how you handled the pressure compensation as you went down. Does the unit automatically trickle diluent to compensate for increasing hypostatic pressure on descending or do you have to drive it manually to stop it crushing/leaking? Similarly, assuming that you are diving on your primary rebreather, what stops the bailout rebreather counterlung expanding on ascending and giving unwanted buoyancy?

For a number of years I had a prototype KISS BOB. You can see a picture here: RebreatherWorld Gallery - KISS Bail-Out 'Breather AKA "BOB" - Powered by PhotoPost and here: RebreatherWorld Gallery - Classic Kiss BOB SNOG - Powered by PhotoPost

This unit was semiclosed with a pendulum counterlung/scrubber. During normal use of the primary rebreather, the BOB counterlung was retained/constricted using Velcro. This stopped any unwanted volume changes. In a bailout situation, I would pull off the Velcro using a "ripcord handle". This allowed the counterlung to expand and to be breathed.

I don't have this bailout unit any longer ... I gave it to a Swiss cave diver to use for shallow penetrations. The big downside as I saw it was that it was a semiclosed unit using a premixed nitrox. This gave obvious limitations with the maximum usual depth and the efficiency of the decompression stops.

With two small cylinders, your unit looks like it is fully closed ... with three oxygen cells and displays? Looks nice... have you dived it yet?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2