+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First Swedish BOB finally put together.

RBW Member PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv's Avatar

First Swedish BOB finally put together.

http://www.dykarna.nu/photos/2008/177020080603014525.jpg

I finished this today after 7 hours of work.

I like to thank all thoose curious Swedish rebreather freaks who pushed me by asking me how the project was going forcing me to get a grip and finally doing something with the parts i had waiting and finally see the fruits of the ideas i have kept in my head for some time now.

I will install a rEvo po2 meter and some hoses and inflation buttons to be able to run the machine also but that is some quite minor work compared to the work on the plastics needed to get this far.
    Last edited by PoseidonSv; 3rd June 2008 at 01:02.

RBW Member mattias is an unknown quantity at this point mattias's Avatar

Re: First Swedish BOB finally put together.

Looks good...well done. Please post some pics of the final version!!!!:D

Normal people worry me jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap's Avatar

Nice work, as always!

But "First Swedish BOB" :) Your perhaps right if you squeeze in between others Swedes diving foreign built dedicated BOB's and people like me that occasionally bring more than one rebreather including my home built "Swedish made" sling-rb on a dive just for fun (without relying on or calling it a BOB)

How about some diving this weekend?

RBW Member PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv has a spectacular aura about PoseidonSv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaap  View Original Post
    Nice work, as always!

But "First Swedish BOB" :) Your perhaps right if you squeeze in between others Swedes diving foreign built dedicated BOB's and people like me that occasionally bring more than one rebreather including my home built "Swedish made" sling-rb on a dive just for fun (without relying on or calling it a BOB)

How about some diving this weekend?
    That is completely correct but as you say the difference between a BOB and a Sling is a very fine thin line.

You definitely was the fist guy to use a sling Bagpipe under your arm and feeding it from the twin backmounted bottles.

I just thought it would be fun to be a bit cockey with my statement to see if someone disagreed with me.

I can get back with new photos when i have it finished for operations and fully accesorized.

I will be glad to hear if someone has some feedback also.

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

OK, good job I think?

All I see is a plastic tube with a loop hose coming out the top.

Is that all you did in 7 hours?:D

Seems you could have found a few more minutes to provide some more pics or info.

John

Normal people worry me jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PoseidonSv  View Original Post

I will be glad to hear if someone has some feedback also.
    So I think perhaps you need some more openings for water to pass in/out of the CL-section.

Whats the plan for the ADV? Let it stick out on the side of the pipe like the OPV or have it on top in the "lid-area"?

I guess the o2-feed will be in the bottom p-port on the scrubber?

Have you tried simply using the on hose cell pod from your other Rebreather on this one? Should liberate quite alot of space inside the pipe not having a pod there?

Given that we use the same CL-bags and I have the cells in the scrubber I'm a little worried the CL-volume is going to be on the small side with that smaller diam pipe of yours and the cell pod inside. Perhaps is good to simply blank the cell pod cableglands and take it for a testdive running it on 100% O2 before you spend too much time on it, incase it turns out the movable volume is too small. Even if it feels OK when testning on land the flow of water, the hydrostatic effect and the way the CL collaps/expand (especially inside a crowded pipe) can make for a loop feeling really different and sometimes smaller than on land. Your did put some kind of coil running between the p-ports inside the bags right? If not these lungs are pretty sensitive to sticking.

Hope to get too see it in the water! If it works out nicely I'll probably dig out my RAY-parts, dust off the pipe you gave me and get myself a third sling

BOB Bial Out reBreather, eller Sling Rb....

Some more "in the works" pictures.

Another Dilligaf Diver nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer's Avatar

Hi Frederik, congratulations on your creation, it's looking good. I have some questions for you...

1. When are you going to test drive it.
    2. What size are those cylinders and where do you source them from.
    3. Is that a stock size Dręger Ray scrubber or has it been lengthened.
    4. What are they for cl's.
    5. It looks like a Ray adv, I presume you blocked the sealing insert but how did you modify the manual addition on the top.

OK enough questions for now. I'm asking because I have a 2nd Ray which I'm looking at converting to a BOB as a winter project.

Regards...Paul

Johnny The Hatch Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad's Avatar
    CCR2000, Megalodon, Homebuilt

Norge, FGT, mk15, KISS, Inspo

Quote Originally Posted by nicothesailer  View Original Post
    Hi Frederik, congratulations on your creation, it's looking good. I have some questions for you...

1. When are you going to test drive it.
    2. What size are those cylinders and where do you source them from.
    3. Is that a stock size Dręger Ray scrubber or has it been lengthened.
    4. What are they for cl's.
    5. It looks like a Ray adv, I presume you blocked the sealing insert but how did you modify the manual addition on the top.

OK enough questions for now. I'm asking because I have a 2nd Ray which I'm looking at converting to a BOB as a winter project.

Regards...Paul
    Hi Paul, hopefully we will dive it tomorrow...

/Jonny

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Now your talking....great pics....look like you were busy. Thanks for sharing it.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast