+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inspiration training with ANDI

Photo & Video Pro h2ophotopro is an unknown quantity at this point h2ophotopro's Avatar

Inspiration training with ANDI

If you are looking to get certified on an Inspiration, I would highly recommend taking the ANDI course with Charlie Johnson.

Charlie did my course in La Paz with 2 other divers from my dive shop. We not only had a great time, but Charlie is EXTREMELY knowledgeable about everything, the Inspiration, Gas laws, diving, etc., etc...and he really knew the dive sites in La Paz well. I have to thank him as well, he drove all of our rebreathers and Sodasorb down to La Paz, so we did not have to hassle with it flying down there.

I know Charlie travels a lot for teaching, so if you are going to take an Inspiration course, do yourself a favor and take it with Charlie, its worth it. You will come out of the course with a lot of knowledge. I have seen and heard of many horror stories about Inspiration instructors. I know that on these units, you want to know what you are doing and you want to be comfortable with your skill level and knowledge.

Thanks for everything Charlie. Ill be taking some more classes, and in time I hope to be an Inspiration Instructor.

(Hey Charlie if you read this...I will make sure my students finish their tests...thanks for harpin' on me, I got distracted)

Sebastian Chander Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg is a jewel in the rough Deep Smeg's Avatar
    Deep Smeg

Megalodon

Andi

I hear that ANDI is starting to reorganise and expand.

Ron Micjan is writting a manual for his Dolphin/KISS hybrid CCR conversion.

Anyone know anything else about ANDI?

Cheers

Seb

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    when I was out in the Red Sea last year - Grant from the Hurricane who is the techie instructor and daves an inspiration said they were going to move over to teaching ANDIs courses.

If I recall correctly I think he said they had amore of a modular based approach so you did a base qual on an RB and then add ons for different RBs rather than totally repeating a course but with a different RB.

Not heard of them at all in UK though...

Stuart

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

The UK history has been a bit bruised. Literally ;)

Photo & Video Pro h2ophotopro is an unknown quantity at this point h2ophotopro's Avatar
    ANDI is one of the largest gas and technical training agencies in the US. They teach everything from basic safeair nitrox to RB's, wreck diving, Med/First Aid, Hyberbaric operation, deco, etc.

Joe Radomski is an ANDI instructor trainer director here in the NY area. He is quite active on a number of boards, I sent him a note to come over here & shed some light. He dives a heavily modified Inspiration and wrote the Hammerhead manual.

T

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

I already invited Joe over a while ago when I joined.
    He's in Newark this weekend for the Beneath The Sea Show.
    Lots of technical and RB stuff going on there, seminars and all.

ANDI has been turning it up a notch or two in Europe, their
    European HQ are in the Netherlands and quite active.
    I know they have representation in Germany, too.

ANDI has some pretty good materials, their SafeAir (Nitrox)
    and wreck text books are very good. For rebreathers, they
    make individual textbooks tailored to specific units.

New Member ambientdiving is an unknown quantity at this point ambientdiving's Avatar

i done most of my rb and tech courses with andi and i have only nice things to say except the instr was a bit though

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Pelagian
    I hear that ANDI is starting to reorganise and expand.

Ron Micjan is writting a manual for his Dolphin/KISS hybrid CCR conversion.

Cheers

Seb
    first at this time Ron Has had some ANDI training (as far as I know only OC)but is not an ANDI Instructor at this time..

After many years of supporting several "experimental" rebreathers such as the philban (sp),ut-240 ect. ANDI has decided to mainly pursue Production rebreathers..

We currently train divers on MK 15, Infinito, Drager, Azimuth, Voyager(just starting), and inspiration.. The KISS program should be completed by next month (we are working on the training manuas now) and then shorthly therafter the Megladon.

Our programs are typially academically more intensive than competing programs and usually longer (and more $$).

Our programs basic programs consist of approximately two days of lecture (may be shorter if the diver has previious ANDI training) two mandatory 2 hour (or longer) confined sessions. 6 to 8 open water dives.. Our programs demand alot of manual user control, dependence on the electronics is minimized.. We also have minimum run times for a dive to be counted as a "dive" for certification purposes.

My personal programs usually are run as manual as possible, I insist the diver become confortable with all aspects of manual control.. I also do not allow my students to use the ADV until the later stages of training to insure a failure of the ADV doesn't trigger a panic attack..

The technical rebreather (limited to 30mins deco and 50m) concentrates on survival training.. know how to get your butt out of trouble should the electronics fail without having to resort to OC scuba, and of course proper dive planning.. Finally the Explorer program (full trimix) requires all dives to be conducted deeper than 60m, with extended run times and anticipated target depths of 100m (when proper support is available and depths are available)..

Charlie Johnson is an extremely experienced CCR instructor and has trained divers on many rigs dating back to the early 1990s.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote Originally Posted by jradomski
    first at this time Ron Has had some ANDI training (as far as I know only OC)but is not an ANDI Instructor at this time..

After many years of supporting several "experimental" rebreathers such as the philban (sp),ut-240 ect. ANDI has decided to mainly pursue Production rebreathers..

We currently train divers on MK 15, Infinito, Drager, Azimuth, Voyager(just starting), and inspiration.. The KISS program should be completed by next month (we are working on the training manuas now) and then shorthly therafter the Megladon.

Our programs are typially academically more intensive than competing programs and usually longer (and more $$).

Our programs basic programs consist of approximately two days of lecture (may be shorter if the diver has previious ANDI training) two mandatory 2 hour (or longer) confined sessions. 6 to 8 open water dives.. Our programs demand alot of manual user control, dependence on the electronics is minimized.. We also have minimum run times for a dive to be counted as a "dive" for certification purposes.

My personal programs usually are run as manual as possible, I insist the diver become confortable with all aspects of manual control.. I also do not allow my students to use the ADV until the later stages of training to insure a failure of the ADV doesn't trigger a panic attack..

The technical rebreather (limited to 30mins deco and 50m) concentrates on survival training.. know how to get your butt out of trouble should the electronics fail without having to resort to OC scuba, and of course proper dive planning.. Finally the Explorer program (full trimix) requires all dives to be conducted deeper than 60m, with extended run times and anticipated target depths of 100m (when proper support is available and depths are available)..

Charlie Johnson is an extremely experienced CCR instructor and has trained divers on many rigs dating back to the early 1990s.
    Welcome Joe, thanks for the information.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast