+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weight requirements / properties of SK

New Member hi_alx is an unknown quantity at this point hi_alx's Avatar

Weight requirements / properties of SK

Hi

I'm planning on the stainless steel Sport KISS case with 13cu ft. Al cylinders - anybody know what the weighting requirements for the rig as stated area? The donwloadable manual from Jetsam says that the above fully loaded is about 45lbs on land. What is the native buoyancy of the unit?

I am trying to select a rig that would be a good match for me and the SK...

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/kiss-...harnesses.html

I presume that there is little byoyancy swing compared to say using an AL80 on open -circuit.

thanks
    alx

New Member WBA is an unknown quantity at this point WBA's Avatar

Re: Weight requirements / properties of SK

You don't say much about where you're diving and neither does your profile so this may not help. I dive the SK SS with an Al plate and a deepoutdoors 40lb wing. I have a DUI TLS 350 and wear no weight at all. My dive buddy has a similar setup and uses 2lbs of weight. I use more weight with a single 80 than with my SK and yes there is much less buoyancy swing( although to be fair most of my diving pre-RB days was double 104's).

Is most of your diving now done with a single 80?

Quote Originally Posted by hi_alx
    Hi

I'm planning on the stainless steel Sport KISS case with 13cu ft. Al cylinders - anybody know what the weighting requirements for the rig as stated area? The donwloadable manual from Jetsam says that the above fully loaded is about 45lbs on land. What is the native buoyancy of the unit?

I am trying to select a rig that would be a good match for me and the SK...

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/kiss-...harnesses.html

I presume that there is little byoyancy swing compared to say using an AL80 on open -circuit.

thanks
    alx

New Member hi_alx is an unknown quantity at this point hi_alx's Avatar

Thanks for replying WBA

I too am from Ontario (profile updated). I dive quite a bit in Ontario - Tobermory, Lake Ontario, St. Lawrence River. So far it's been a single AL80. Weight requirements are 17lbs with a 7mm wetsuit + 7mm vest and up to 28lbs with a lot of fleece and a BARE XCD2 Tech Dry (2mm neo) dry suit.

Part of my plan is to go to Inner Space in the Cayman for initial SK training and diving then use the unit in Ontario fresh water. I am trying to get a sense of weighting required and a find a system to allow me adjust according to what exposure protection I need to wear.

Thanks
    alx

RBW Member Andy T is just really nice Andy T is just really nice Andy T is just really nice Andy T is just really nice Andy T is just really nice Andy T is just really nice Andy T is just really nice Andy T is just really nice Andy T is just really nice Andy T is just really nice Andy T's Avatar
    Mk 15

Classic KISS

I am diving a sport kiss with stainless steel case, plastic backplate, 13cf Al cylinders and a 5mm wetsuit. With this rig I do not need to carry any extra weight. In the same wetsuit with a single Al 80cf I would need about 12lbs. The weight change for the 13cf cylinders is minimal, but remember that you are going (hopefully) to be carrying at least one stage cylinder and that will become buoyant if you have to use it.

+ Reply to Thread