+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Apeks Tek 3

RBW Member danktex is on a distinguished road danktex is on a distinguished road danktex's Avatar

Apeks Tek 3

I am thinking of getting a set of Apeks Tek 3s to replace the DiveRite regs that came on my Meg. Anyone using them? They look like you could not ask for better routing. Plus I have always used Apeks and have all of the tools and rebuild kits. Or would I just be better off throwing a few of my DS4s on and calling it a day.

Diving Technologist JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba's Avatar
    KISS Classic # 275

MK15, Draeger, TheKyle-CCR

Re: Apeks Tek 3

Quote Originally Posted by danktex  View Original Post
    I am thinking of getting a set of Apeks Tek 3s to replace the DiveRite regs that came on my Meg. Anyone using them? They look like you could not ask for better routing. Plus I have always used Apeks and have all of the tools and rebuild kits. Or would I just be better off throwing a few of my DS4s on and calling it a day.

If you want all the hoses to go in the same direction then the Tek3 is the only way to go. 1 HP port 3 LP ports all coming from the same direction. One for the left side one for the right side.

We have a lot of clients that have gotten these for thier CCRs and are happy with them.

Cheers

Go DEEP!!!! Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer's Avatar
    MEGALODON

Evolution, KISS GEM

I am looking into switching out my MK2's for the Tek 3's on my Meg. I like the idea for sure.

RBW Member danktex is on a distinguished road danktex is on a distinguished road danktex's Avatar

Just got a price for them from my LDS. Ouch. They are really proud of them.

Just got a price for them from my LDS. Ouch. They are really proud of them.
    That is why i still have my DS4's. lol...

Had MK20's on originally, but i trust the DS4's more.

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

Much cheaper solution unless you really want to spend all that money on balanced diamphram regulators to squirt O2 and DIL. I'm content to keep the DS4's on my offboard tanks, since that is where I need demand performance.
    Attached Images

RBW Member cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron's Avatar
    KISS Classic

I have a set on my KISS. I got them for the same price as DS4s in Canada.
    They really are an amazing reg for hose routing.

Cam

Quote Originally Posted by mempilot  View Original Post
    Much cheaper solution unless you really want to spend all that money on balanced diamphram regulators to squirt O2 and DIL. I'm content to keep the DS4's on my offboard tanks, since that is where I need demand performance.
    I like to keep all of my regs the same. Just makes thing simpler. But over $900 for two first stages is way too much. I will probably just get a couple more DS4s. They are bomb proof.

John Harcus jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver's Avatar
    rEvo

Copis Megalodon

I like to keep all of my regs the same. Just makes thing simpler. But over $900 for two first stages is way too much. I will probably just get a couple more DS4s. They are bomb proof.
    The Tek3's are perfect for the Meg. I bought a set with XTX50 second stages, (for less than $800CDN) took the DS4's off, swapped one Tek3 plunger for the altered (depth compensated) one in the DS4 O2 first stage in my COPIS, then swapped all hoses.

Then I mated the XTX50 Second Stages with the DS4's (One to be used as OC bailout) the other for a deep O2 6cuft (non-compensated) plumb-in rig. I am amazed at the Tek3’s hose routing, they tuck in nice and tight. Slightly heavier than the DS4's however, but shiny … and new.

Now…to see how everything performs with the new HUD and scoot.

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Quote Originally Posted by jdicediver  View Original Post
    The Tek3's are perfect for the Meg.
    I'd be interested in seeing pics of a Tek3 setup valves up. Anybody has that?
    Best
    Philippe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast