19 16.67%
  • 50m or more

13 11.40%
  • i always dive with Trimix

17 14.91%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: deep

Closed Account anton610 is an unknown quantity at this point anton610's Avatar

deep

Hello how deep do you dive in caves without Trimix?

Thanks

RBW Member Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy's Avatar

Re: deep

The titel is incomplete and may yield unwanted results. I figured it was a copy of another poll only when I read your post it became clear that you want to limit result to cave divers. I didn't vote but btw always dive with trimix. Not having to fuss with changing mix inbetween a dive is the main reason and on top one has a better WOB at hardly any cost on a CCR.
    Last edited by Dutchy; 25th May 2008 at 15:20.

RBW Member urho is an unknown quantity at this point urho's Avatar

With rebreather, I always dive with trimix. On my last life when I dived OC, my maximum END was 30m

--
    Harri

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

60m on air but was out of necessity rather than choice.

usually on all my Rebreather diving I limit ead to less than 40m

RBW Member Shawn has a spectacular aura about Shawn has a spectacular aura about Shawn has a spectacular aura about Shawn has a spectacular aura about Shawn has a spectacular aura about Shawn's Avatar

I will only use air if i'm within recreational limits, otherwise I use tri-mix.

Closed Account anton610 is an unknown quantity at this point anton610's Avatar

Hello!
    The reason for my question was a discussion with my divebuddy.
    He said, that it would be better to dive in caves with trimix when you leave the 30m depth mark.

So i decided to ask the RBW...

Thank you all for voting my poll!

Regards anton

RBW Member johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anton610  View Original Post
    He said, that it would be better to dive in caves with trimix when you leave the 30m depth mark.
    The poll will not provide the information you need. In order to decide what gas you should use for a cave dive of a certain depth you need to look at the *specific* cave profile. For instance, I'd happily plan for 55 - 60m on air on CCR for a brief excursion following a line if logistics were critical and I could avoid carrying extra cylinders. I might consider using trimix for extended times at 40 - 45m.

You need to look at the cave, not the members of this or any other forum.

regards,
    John

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

Fill Express makes the choice easy for us. Rebreather bottle fills cost the same no matter what gas you put in them: air, O2, mix: all the same price. :D

I keep 21/35 in my bottles until I need to dump and fill with 10/50 for deeper dives. Both of these are banked at FE. Did I say they make the choice easy?

That being said, I don't think there is much difference between any type of overhead environment when it comes to gas choice. END is END when performing tasks and staying, well, not lost. :D I do like the clear head, better WOB, and the only downside is some more deco which I don't really mind based on the benefits.

Since I'm not cave yet, I'll refrain from polling, but my answer would be "I dive Trimix all the time."

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

I decided last year I'd had enough of diving rebreathers <30m on non-training dives unless there was a logistical reason to use it shallow (e.g. difficulty getting fills, availability of stages, etc). I tend to always use some sort of trimix dil regardless of depth from a practical point of view so I guess 30m is my cut-off.

It's two questions there though, 30m is a logistics limit for me. Narcosis is another question and I have in the past gone to 60-70m on OC in caves for short dives on very simple drops. I'm not entirely sure I'd be comfortable doing it CCR and to be honest it's been so long since I've been deep on OC (either air or mix) that I wouldn't be comfortable on OC either. As John says, logistics often plays a part and limits become flexible dependant on what you are trying to achieve, what you've got available and what time there is.

RBW Member pedeseigne is an unknown quantity at this point pedeseigne's Avatar
    JJ-CCR & CCR JOKY

Hi

I never dive more than 62 meters with air, in OC. Short dives, just touch and go. No more. And it's so deep in cave.
    For serious dive, I always use trimix.
    With my CCR ( The Joky), at the begining I 've made some dives around 52 meters with air. Also short dives, with not longuer deco stops.
    Sometimes, during push dives, I descend around 50 meters with air, but I'ld come back later with Trimix.
    Now, I always dive with Trimix under 40 meters. The security and the pleasure to have all my minde have no price.

pierre eric designe
    French cave diver
    No Bulles Maniacs.
    BullesManiacs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast