+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diving after septum surgery

RBW Member Arkwright is an unknown quantity at this point Arkwright's Avatar

Diving after septum surgery

Hi all

I have to have surgery to correct a deviated septum along with removal of nasal polyps.

The consultant gave advice on how long I would have to leave it before I started playing sports (football/reugby etc) but didn't have any information on the length of time I would have to lay off diving.

Does anyone have information that I could access on this.

DeepBlueInnovation Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Prism

Re: Diving after septum surgery

Funny coincidence; I just had surgery yesterday that included Tonsils, Turbinets and septum scraping. My surgeon said 4 weeks and I should be right, but he would confirm during the follow up consultation in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,

Ben.

RBW Member EricD is an unknown quantity at this point EricD's Avatar
    rEvo III

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Arkwright  View Original Post
    Hi all

I have to have surgery to correct a deviated septum along with removal of nasal polyps.

The consultant gave advice on how long I would have to leave it before I started playing sports (football/reugby etc) but didn't have any information on the length of time I would have to lay off diving.

I had surgery to correct a deviated septum in November, 2006. From what I remember, I had to stay out of the water for 2-4 weeks. You will have a follow-up with your doctor about 2 weeks after surgery, where the doctor will evaluate how the surgery went and you'll have a better idea at that point. The good thing about this surgery is that you will be able to breathe better and will see the number of sore throats (from post-nasal drip) greatly decrease. It is worth doing, assuming you need it.

RBW Member brewmaster is an unknown quantity at this point brewmaster's Avatar

just had mind done yesterday. doc said 4 weeks.

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arkwright  View Original Post
    Hi all

From your avatar pic, it looks like your jaw is deviated as well. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. Good luck with the recovery!

RBW Member Arkwright is an unknown quantity at this point Arkwright's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mempilot  View Original Post
    From your avatar pic, it looks like your jaw is deviated as well. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. Good luck with the recovery!
    Yes, it is most definately an dodgy pic :o

+ Reply to Thread