+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trip Report: Florida S.C.R.U.B.'s Triple Wreck Trip - 05/11/2008

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Trip Report: Florida S.C.R.U.B.'s Triple Wreck Trip - 05/11/2008

On Sunday, May 11th, 2006 the Florida S.C.R.U.B.'s again boarded Scubatyme for an afternoon of great rebreather diving. The weekend before, we had been out on the same boat and dove one long dive on the Wreck of the Scutty, Tracy and Mercy Jesus. Well, everyone enjoyed that dive so much, that a decision was made to repeat the same dive; however, this time, both topside and below the surface conditions were even better than the prior week!

This week, we had a very strong showing from the South Florida Optima Army - We had 8 Optimas, 1 Meg and 1 Sentinel on this trip, plus a couple of fine open circuit divers!

I'm not going to write much about the dive, because last week's trip report of the same dive essentially sums up the details. I also didn't take too many topside photos, because I decided to concentrate on underwater shots, as these wrecks have tons of little critters to see, and today was certanly no exception! Consequently, here's a few shots I'm happy to share, so you can get an idea of what I saw during my 3 hour and 7 minute dive in approximately 70 feet of water on the Wrecks of the Scutty/Tracy/Mercy Jesus - You heard my right...3 hours and 7 minutes, and it was awesome!!!!
    Last edited by sfldiver; 12th May 2008 at 12:27.

Never E nuff Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Re: Trip Report: Florida S.C.R.U.B.'s Triple Wreck Trip - 05/11/2008

Adrian, your pictures look terrific. Wish our water up here looked like that. Glad you had a good dive.

New Member Ritchard is on a distinguished road Ritchard is on a distinguished road Ritchard's Avatar

3 hours and 7 minutes? Let us know when you do a REAL dive.

Heheh.

Love the photo looking down the line toward the diver and the wreck, it's spectacular. And the South Florida Optima Club shot is pretty impressive too.

Cheers,

R

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Cripes......Looks like the red army has moved into town!!! :D

Regards,

Lance

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Adrian's pics are stellar as usual! a good time was had by all. we'll be at it again in the near future. the reverand ricky's return to the water went like clockwork! must be blessed or something

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

Guys, I'm sorry I missed the dive. I had just returned home from an exhausting 12 hours of flying yesterday morning, and my head didn't leave the pillow until dinner time. Interesting enough, Karen and I ran into part of the group at the Italian restaurant after the dive. It sounded like another great dive for the SCRUBs! I'm looking forward to the Wednesday night dive on Tenneco. See you guys there!

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Summer is almost here! So, lots more dives will be coming. Come join us if you are in the area.

Johnny The Hatch Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad's Avatar
    CCR2000, Megalodon, Homebuilt

Norge, FGT, mk15, KISS, Inspo

Looks awesome...
    I am looking forward for it.

/Jonny

New Member Paul Heinerth is an unknown quantity at this point Paul Heinerth's Avatar

Hello to all the O2ptima divers. Glad to see the numbers grow. Lee Ann gave me this link. She was one of the divers. Great pictures! Safe diving,
    Paul Heinerth

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Come join us next time you are in the area. Welcome aboard.

+ Reply to Thread