+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Record Dive during Dynamic Dive Exhibition Lago Maggiore

RBW Member uwmadness is a jewel in the rough uwmadness is a jewel in the rough uwmadness is a jewel in the rough uwmadness is a jewel in the rough uwmadness is a jewel in the rough uwmadness is a jewel in the rough uwmadness is a jewel in the rough uwmadness's Avatar

Re: Record Dive during Dynamic Dive Exhibition Lago Maggiore

Update of Alessandro Medical conditions and some more infos:

I'm on the phone with him almost every day and talking about the dive some details appear interesting imho

Alessandro is recovering fast and feels ok, some frequencies in his ears are recovering slowly and some acuphene (noise) is still present but at a very low level. vertigo has disappeared. He must do recompression chamber therapy for few days more.

At the time of bailout, around 50 meters, he already had strong vertigo which suddenly appeared without any alerting symptom.That is the reason of bailout, he suspected something wrong in his rebreather but probably it was already suffering from dci in his inner hear.
    The situation did not improve nor worsened after his bailout on a Tx35/30 bottle. So probably it is not due to a counter-diffusion cause by the inert change in the breathing mixture.
    Alessandro was not only one of the deep divers but he was a key man in setting up the bell since he is also a commercial diver leading a well know Company called "deepseatechnology" Deep Sea Technology. His help and expertise has been a decisive factor for the whole operation.

For those who might be interested

Ciao
    Fabio

RBW Member GMM is an unknown quantity at this point GMM's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Inspiration

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TEAM, A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT BY ALL !

RBW Member markfdr is an unknown quantity at this point markfdr's Avatar
    hollis prism 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    And a dry bell hanging from a 100ton barge is Self Contained how?

That debate is done, no need restarting it IMO.
    When Jacques-Yves Cousteau made the first dive to the Britannic he used a dive bell also, i don't see anybody claiming it was not SCUBA dive.

There never was a debate there.

Congratulations to the team. Great achievement.

/\/\ark
    Last edited by markfdr; 20th May 2008 at 20:03.

RBW Member Mario will become famous soon enough Mario will become famous soon enough Mario will become famous soon enough Mario will become famous soon enough Mario's Avatar

Hi,
    here for you some frame from the ROV and from our camera...in the w-end the videos will arrive!
    Ciao
    Mario
    Attached Images

RBW Member Mario will become famous soon enough Mario will become famous soon enough Mario will become famous soon enough Mario will become famous soon enough Mario's Avatar

Hi guys,
    here for you the link where you can download the videos...from the ROV too :

DVD videos

Ciao
    Mario

RBW Member Pim's Tekdiving PTD will become famous soon enough Pim's Tekdiving PTD will become famous soon enough Pim's Tekdiving PTD will become famous soon enough Pim's Tekdiving PTD will become famous soon enough Pim's Tekdiving PTD's Avatar
    Prism2, Meg, Sentinel, APOC,..

Insp, rEvo, LAR, Ouroboros,...

Weel lot's of replies! Tahnk you fopr your support. Now all the video's (also from the bottom and the ROV), pictures are available from index (under After DDE). We share all the information we got with the diving community. I think that has never done before as well Our whole set up, decompression schemes, documentation: the whole lot! We hope the community will benefit from it in a positive way. Soem magazines will publish the "story" of the dive. About how we did it and how we experienced it (and not only the "clean" facts).Some other points: the reason why we still had some nitrigen in the gas was to avoid HPNS. But Mario thought a hid a small HPNS hit aroudn 220 mtrs. I had the same feeling around 180 mtrs: I slowed down my descent speed: the feeling disappered almost at once. On the bottom I flushed the loop. After 3-4 minutes on the bottom we started to ascent (on one of the videos I filmed Allessandro making the "1 minute left" sign). Then we started our fast ascent (until 150 mtrs). Around 120 mtrs I felt water coming into my suit. I guessed my OPV was leaking. After the dive I checked it and I proved to be right: the membrane was twisted. I was really flooded with 5-6 degrees Celsius water. By the time I got to 40 mtrs my Argon supply was out and I was rather negative buoyant. I still had about one hour before entering the bell. Since I was pretty cold I decided to skip 30 minutes of deco and go into the bell 30 minutes earlier. I would make the lost time good in the bell.When the three of us were leaving the bell (through the water) we were supported each by two firemen divers in case one of us would have a O2 hit (we had 23,000% of CNS...). Well iwas a nice experience nad my Boris was still working when I got home (in the meantime I even dived it a couple of times).I met Alessandro last Tuesday in Milano (when France was playing against Italy): he was 100% fit again and chasing the girls like a real Italian ))Cheers!

Deep Cave Explorer DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM's Avatar

Hey Pim Many thanks for sharing all the info ! it's well appreciated Duno what brand is your suit but the flat opv suit valve like DUI or in fact Apeks have been known to leak, DUI on there suit replaced them by the non flat one, the bulky one, but at least those ones don't leak ; - ) Skipping deco at that depth should not hurt mainly when practicing hyperbaric O2 in the Bell. I had unfortunate similar experience and skipped: 1) one hour at -9m when in complete hypothermia and went in a habitat at -6m. No DCS 2) 46min at -15m and went in habitat at -12 on O2 Few brain cells and cartilage cells probably dead but not as bad as frozen amputated fingers like the guys on top of the everest ... and still running after french girls : )))) take care Jerome

RBW Member Pim's Tekdiving PTD will become famous soon enough Pim's Tekdiving PTD will become famous soon enough Pim's Tekdiving PTD will become famous soon enough Pim's Tekdiving PTD will become famous soon enough Pim's Tekdiving PTD's Avatar
    Prism2, Meg, Sentinel, APOC,..

Insp, rEvo, LAR, Ouroboros,...

Quote Originally Posted by DrJM  View Original Post
    Hey Pim Many thanks for sharing all the info ! it's well appreciated Duno what brand is your suit but the flat opv suit valve like DUI or in fact Apeks have been known to leak, DUI on there suit replaced them by the non flat one, the bulky one, but at least those ones don't leak ; - ) Skipping deco at that depth should not hurt mainly when practicing hyperbaric O2 in the Bell. I had unfortunate similar experience and skipped: 1) one hour at -9m when in complete hypothermia and went in a habitat at -6m. No DCS 2) 46min at -15m and went in habitat at -12 on O2 Few brain cells and cartilage cells probably dead but not as bad as frozen amputated fingers like the guys on top of the everest ... and still running after french girls : )))) take care Jerome
    Sorry for my late response: I was away diving in Egypt (teaching a rEvo course)... much warmer water... I attached a picture from the membrane after I opened the OPV.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8