+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sensor Moisture Pad

RBW Member offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro's Avatar
    rEvo, FGT, Boris

Meg

Sensor Moisture Pad

Hi,

seems like I have forgotten to clean my moisture pad after last weekend and it does not look good... Did a two hour dive with it yesterday before I noticed the fungus...

Until I receive a new moisture pad.. I will most likely use one of the four moisture pads from the cansiter... but is it possible to dive without the moisture pad and not risking missreading one the cells disposed moisture?
    Attached Images

Sorta New Member w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

ISC Hammer-MEG

Re: Sensor Moisture Pad

Before I sold my Meg I used one paper towel in the head and three in the canister. I currently use 3 paper towels in the canister of my HH.

Fold the paper towel for the head a couple of times and it will fit nicely (needs a little nudging), same with the canister.

The nice thing is you throw them away after a dive, vs trying to clean and dry the absorbants. Plus, no worry about anything starting to grow.

Bill

Custom Title Allowed! Gadget will become famous soon enough Gadget will become famous soon enough Gadget will become famous soon enough Gadget will become famous soon enough Gadget's Avatar

before buying new moisture put it through the washing machine. they will come out clean. I am still running on my origional pads over 4 years old. in one of my megs

Never E nuff Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo's Avatar
    KISS Classic

I use a piece of sponge and clean it after diving each day.

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

Hope you aren't spending gobs of money on little pieces from ISC.

This is what it is made of (click link below), and you will have a life supply for $10. Just cut the shapes you need.

Super Shammy (available at auto parts stores and discount department stores)

PS. To answer the question. Washing is fine, until the fungus grows. You won't kill all of it and you don't want it getting in your lungs or breather. Washing with bleach will kill it all, but will also wreck the material. Just replace it. With bulk material, you will be able to replace these things as often as you like. Also, I would not dive the unit without one in place. They are super absorbant and are a line of defense against moisture on the cells and minor floods. Paper towels when saturated can come apart and make a mess inside the unit, as well as create blockage. Cheap paper towels leave lint as well.
    Last edited by mempilot; 11th May 2008 at 21:53.

+ Reply to Thread