+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moving to San Francisco / Stanford

RBW Member spencegreen is an unknown quantity at this point spencegreen's Avatar
    ISC Copis Meg

Moving to San Francisco / Stanford

I dive the Optima and am starting graduate school at Stanford in September. Could someone connect me with the tech community in the Bay Area? Thanks.

New Member DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge's Avatar
    Hammered Inspiration

GEM, DC55, AKA60

Re: Moving to San Francisco / Stanford

Quote Originally Posted by spencegreen  View Original Post
    I dive the Optima and am starting graduate school at Stanford in September. Could someone connect me with the tech community in the Bay Area? Thanks.
    You might want to be careful in San Francisco..............

While walking through Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, a man came upon another man hugging a tree with his ear firmly against the tree. Seeing this he inquired, “Just out of curiosity, what the heck are you doing?”
    “I’m listening to the music of the tree,” the other man replied. “You’ve got to be kidding me.” “No, would you like to give it a try?”

Understandably curious, the man says, “Well………….OK.” So he wrapped his arms around the tree and presses his ear up against it.
    With this, the other guy slapped a pair of handcuffs on him, takes his wallet, jewellery, car keys, then stripped him naked and left.

Two hours later another nature lover strolled by, saw this guy handcuffed to the tree stark naked and asked, “What the heck happened to you?”
    The guy told the whole terrible story about how he got there.
    When he finished telling his story, the other guy shook his head in sympathy, walked around behind him, kisses him gently behind the ear and said, “This just ain’t gonna be your day, cupcake……………….”

RBW Member sosha is an unknown quantity at this point sosha's Avatar

There is a small rebreather community in the Bay Area, surrounded by a huge GUE contingency. Be warned.

I'm new to the rebreather world here in Monterey, but I'd be happy to share what contacts I have!

Patty

I like diving chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter has much to be proud of chunter's Avatar
    Mk15.5, Mk15

Inpisspiration, KISS

There are a few nice guys who dive in Monterey. I'm sure they will chime in soon.

One of my favorate dives is Monistary beach. Wait until the ocean is flat though, the shorebreak can thump there. Point Lobos is also really nice.

If nobody contacts you on the forum, you can PM me and I'll ask the boys if they would like me to pass on their names.

Aloha,
    Charlie

New Member gecko1 is an unknown quantity at this point gecko1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sosha  View Original Post
    There is a small rebreather community in the Bay Area, surrounded by a huge GUE contingency. Be warned.

I'm new to the rebreather world here in Monterey, but I'd be happy to share what contacts I have!

Patty
    Oh come on Patty, we're not that bad. Or does this mean you won't be talking to us on the Alaska trip?

Clinton

RBW Member spencegreen is an unknown quantity at this point spencegreen's Avatar
    ISC Copis Meg

Thanks everyone. I'll contact each of you by PM.

Spence

RBW Member sosha is an unknown quantity at this point sosha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gecko1  View Original Post
    Oh come on Patty, we're not that bad. Or does this mean you won't be talking to us on the Alaska trip?

Clinton
    I've always been eager to talk to you, Clinton. What are friends for?

+ Reply to Thread