+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Japanese subchaser wreck

RBW Member spn2298 is on a distinguished road spn2298 is on a distinguished road spn2298's Avatar
    Meg, rEvo, Inspo, Prism2, Kiss

Japanese subchaser wreck

Hello all,
    Got back last week with shipwreck adventures Bonin Islands in Japan.
    Just wanted to share some pictures and video to everyone.

The Bonin Iswlands (Japanese Ogasawara-gunto) some 30 volcanic islands and islets in the central Pacific Ocean, about 1000km(620 miles) southeast of Tokyo Japan.
    We used our own gas that was mixed on Diveshop. The owner of the diveshop is my friend and an Inspiration diver too, so no problems with mixing gas and cleaning our diving gear.
    Thanks to my buddy Hori-san and Kasai-san for nice dives.

Best regards,

-Masa

Japanese navy subchaser "No.50" wreck
    Attached Images

RBW Member spn2298 is on a distinguished road spn2298 is on a distinguished road spn2298's Avatar

Re: Japanese subchaser wreck

Here is a Japanese navy Midget submarine "Kohyoteki".

-Masa

RBW Member KevinD is an unknown quantity at this point KevinD's Avatar
    (No longer) west of Woodstock, south of Vietnam.
    Mk15.5

Cool dives!

Your friend Hori-san is not You-chan Hori is it?

K

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD  View Original Post
    Cool dives!

Your friend Hori-san is not You-chan Hori is it?

K
    It's him.
    What a small world! I've heard about you and HMS Exeter from him.
    Congratulations!

-Masa
    Last edited by spn2298; 9th May 2008 at 02:24.

S21 M.I.B. cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier is just really nice cedricverdier's Avatar

Hi,

Very nice videos. have a green for that!

Cheers

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Hi Masa,

Cool videos......It seems you have been out having a bit of fun :D

Regards,

Lance

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spn2298  View Original Post
    It's him.
    What a small world! I've heard about you and HMS Exeter from him.
    Congratulations!

-Masa
    wow, small world!

Hope you didnt lend him your video camera - he has a habit of losing them :D:D

Drmike's photos- powered by SmugMug
    Drmike : photos : IJN Haguro - Japanese Heavy Cruiser- powered by SmugMug
    Attached Images

RBW Member KevinD is an unknown quantity at this point KevinD's Avatar
    (No longer) west of Woodstock, south of Vietnam.
    Mk15.5

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    Hope you didnt lend him your video camera - he has a habit of losing them :D:D

Cruel Mike, cruel. You forget to mention while doing long (stealth mode) drift deco's though. Unatended! If I recall, we had already composed what we were going to tell the embassy, and what would go on his tombstone?:o

Lucky day that one, for ALL concerned!

K
    Last edited by KevinD; 9th May 2008 at 04:48.

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD  View Original Post
    Cruel Mike, cruel. You forget to mention while doing long (stealth mode) drift deco's though. Unatended! If I recall, we had already composed what we were going to tell the embassy, and what would go on his tombstone?:o

Lucky day that one, for ALL concerned!

K

actually IIRC (and as is the ritual) once wed written him off we opened and consumed 2 crates of beer (the cost to be added to his bill for next of kin to pay) and had already began sharing out his remaining dive gear amongst us. :D

Trouble was the only bit of dive gear that he hadnt taken with him was his SMB reel! lol! That we found laying on his bed instead of clipped in his pocket.......as he was to discover..during his long long lonely drift! lol :D:D

Yeh he certainly had us worried for a while...really glad it worked out ok, and I still dream of finding that cool video camera :D
    Last edited by Drmike; 9th May 2008 at 05:36.

RBW Member you-chan hori is an unknown quantity at this point you-chan hori's Avatar

Hi all,

I love to visit this forum as a newly certified Meg diver in Jan.

This is not exactly the way that I fancied to make an introdction of myself to this community. however
    Now someone mentioned a bit of me.
    Especially after Mike rubbed salt on my old scar about my good old video Vmax 2000 with a sony housing that I left somewhere in off Malaysia coast.
    Oh boy, I still missed that camera. Yes, you so cruel Mike.
    This is roughly how I feel now.

Well, a man have bitter things in life to live by.

You-chan HORI
    Last edited by you-chan hori; 9th May 2008 at 10:32.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast