+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recycle Trimix bailout

RBW Member Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil has a spectacular aura about Phil's Avatar
    rEvo, Sentinel, Ouroboros

Inspiration, Megalodon,

Recycle Trimix bailout

I basically never have to use my Trimix bailout (I must be lucky :D). I do analyse it before each dive and can see a slight modification in the content over the months that goes by but nothing serious. I was wondering if there is any reason to decide to recycle (empty-refill) a bailout after a certain period ?
    Would appreciate your view/experience on the subject!

Cheers,

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Re: Recycle Trimix bailout

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    ...I was wondering if there is any reason to decide to recycle (empty-refill) a bailout after a certain period ?...
    This was discussed on a different thread a few weeks/months (?) ago, can't remember exactly which one.

My input was... I have trimix/nitrox bail-out stages that are pretty old (more than 1 year) that still analyzed to have the same gas fraction. So I keep using them.

No, I don't always do annual VIP... :)

Decodiver

Re: Recycle Trimix bailout

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie
    This was discussed on a different thread a few weeks/months (?) ago, can't remember exactly which one.

My input was... I have trimix/nitrox bail-out stages that are pretty old (more than 1 year) that still analyzed to have the same gas fraction. So I keep using them.

No, I don't always do annual VIP... :)
    Hi Phil,

I'm with Phi on this one, never really bother to repump nor VIP, may have to reconsider that now I am in France, will see.

I'll be calling you December time for some diving mate.

Cheers,

Dave

+ Reply to Thread