+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tenneco double drop Night dive - May 14th - Fort Lauderdale

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Tenneco double drop Night dive - May 14th - Fort Lauderdale

Brian Patrick and the usual e-divers group are organizing a double night drop on the Tenneco Towers, May 14th with American Dream in Fort Lauderdale.

Roger and I will be in attendance, if anyone else wants to go. For those not familiar with American Dream, it is a large, comfortable boat - similar to RJ's in Miami.

$53, 6:30 show, 7:00 go. I'm not sure if you book through American Dream directly, or through Brian. As soon as I find out, I will post it.

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Re: Tenneco double drop Night dive - May 14th - Fort Lauderdale

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    Brian Patrick and the usual e-divers group are organizing a double night drop on the Tenneco Towers, May 14th with American Dream in Fort Lauderdale.

Roger and I will be in attendance, if anyone else wants to go. For those not familiar with American Dream, it is a large, comfortable boat - similar to RJ's in Miami.

$53, 6:30 show, 7:00 go. I'm not sure if you book through American Dream directly, or through Brian. As soon as I find out, I will post it.

I want in on this dive. I will reach out to Brian.

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

I get into Miami at noon on the 14th. Rent a car, drive to Ft Lauderdale, check in hotel, pickup tanks and sorb from Adrian, go over to Fill Express to fill tanks (O2, Dil and BO, go back to hotel to assemble CCR do checks (maybe 1 hour), get a bite to eat., go to meet the boat.

Do you think its doable?

I would think so but I am not familiar with all the locations, traffic etc.

If it is then I would like to go.

What are the expected depths and run times?

Thanks, John

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    I get into Miami at noon on the 14th. Rent a car, drive to Ft Lauderdale, check in hotel, pickup tanks and sorb from Adrian, go over to Fill Express to fill tanks (O2, Dil and BO, go back to hotel to assemble CCR do checks (maybe 1 hour), get a bite to eat., go to meet the boat.

Do you think its doable?

Thanks, John
    John, assuming no gliches with picking up your luggage or renting the car, your hotel is within reasonable distance of Fill Express (Pompano Beach) and American Dream (FTL), you have no unexpected problems when you assemble your rebreather, you're not going to have a sit-down 7 course meal and there are no unexpectied highway shutdowns, you should be fine!

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Do you think its doable?

Thanks, John
    Why isn't Adrian having the tanks ready to roll...? Geeesh, the Optima Army really isn't going the extra mile here.... :)

Should be doable... depths 80-120', NDL operation..., so you could claim you were hugging the top rail the entire time and do maybe 60 minutes x 2.

-Tim

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    Why isn't Adrian having the tanks ready to roll...? Geeesh, the Optima Army really isn't going the extra mile here.... :)

-Tim
    Good point Tim, as it would save John time if I had his tanks at Fill Express, ready and waiting for him!

So I guess the Meg Collective (the "Collective") didn't communicate to you about the PM I just sent John, prior to your post, offering to have his tanks waiting for him at Fill Express that afternoon! You may want to have that neuronet checked out, because that information should have been transmitted to you by the Collective in real time! Or there may just be a bandwidth issue eminating from the Northeast Mothership!

Oh, you may have one of those Copis Megs that requires you to download all Collective transmissions manually!

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sfldiver  View Original Post

So I guess the Meg Collective (the "Collective") didn't communicate to you about the PM I just sent John, prior to your post, offering to have his tanks waiting for him at Fill Express that afternoon! You may want to have that neuronet checked out, because that information should have been transmitted to you by the Collective in real time! Or there may just be a bandwidth issue eminating from the Northeast Mothership!

Oh, you may have one of those Copis Megs that requires you to download all Collective transmissions manually!
    No... I have full APECS.. you Optima freaks use a different protocol stack... not entirely compatable w/ us meg's.... your like IE compared to Firefox... trying to integrate and bundle in way to much complexity and bloat to something that just dosn't need to be so complicated to get the job done...

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by sfldiver  View Original Post
    Good point Tim, as it would save John time if I had his tanks at Fill Express, ready and waiting for him!

Or there may just be a bandwidth issue eminating from the Northeast Mothership!
    Adrian did send me a nice PM that he would drop my tanks at FE. They cannot be filled until I arrive since valves are travelling seperately with me.

Isn't the mothership located in the Northwest?

John

Adrian did send me a nice PM that he would drop my tanks at FE. They cannot be filled until I arrive since valves are travelling seperately with me.

Isn't the mothership located in the Northwest?

John
    Geesh... I didn't know his compass was also integrated in the handsets...! Did those fail too?

Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    Geesh... I didn't know his compass was also integrated in the handsets...! Did those fail too?
    My compass simply refuses to point in any direction remotely near Seatle - With the excepcion of Pearl Jam's Music, everything that comes out of that area is a bit to dull and grungy for me, kind of like that color pattern on your rebreather!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast