View Poll Results: have you modified your rebreather

Voters
255. You may not vote on this poll
  • No I left it as it was when I purchased it and I dont plan to modify it at all

14 5.49%
  • yes but I did only small adaptations (harness wing d rings)

90 35.29%
  • yes I did more serious changes but the rebreather still works on it's original mode

126 49.41%
  • I deeply modified the rebreather like a scr/ccr conversion

25 9.80%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: have you modified your rebreather poll

have you modified your rebreather poll

Hi
    Have you modified your rebreather ?
    I've dived rebreather for years,
    I've rarely met rebreather divers diving their unit just as it was the day purchased it.
    4th cell
    new head
    off board tanks
    etc etc
    regards
    jean mi

RBW Member sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave's Avatar
    Sports Kiss

Re: have you modified your rebreather poll

First thing I did was replace the paragon with an Oceanic Omega (following the article here on RBW), and the second thing, add a stainless frame to the top of the unit to protect the pods.

So nothing too serious, but who's to know what's gonna be next.

New Member John Langley is on a distinguished road John Langley is on a distinguished road John Langley's Avatar
    Dolphin, Dolphin Kiss, Kiss Cl

Yep, put a Kent tooling box, and a divematics b.o.v. on. Still thinking of other mods.

J.L.

Quote Originally Posted by sadave  View Original Post
    First thing I did was replace the paragon with an Oceanic Omega (following the article here on Rebreather World), and the second thing, add a stainless frame to the top of the unit to protect the pods.

So nothing too serious, but who's to know what's gonna be next.
    The worst thing I did in by rebreather life is not to buy a kiss....
    I think I would have done only sligth adaptations instead of a complete conversion of my dolphin that took me 8 years (((-:
    but anyway as you said who knows... we all feel like to add a personal touch to our rig

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

Minor mods so far:

- Narked@90 stand
    - S/S backplate
    - Kiss BOV (with Proton now)
    - Oceanic G-snaps for suit gas and torch
    - Dave Mager 4th cell/Beanie 4th cell adaptor (waiting to be fitted when the d*mn spanner turns up)

Minor mods to come:

- Shorter SPG hoses, so that they run round my waist and not over the shoulder (better for my wife and should work for me)
    - Backup O2 bottle with reg and suit feed in Narked@90 stand to make up for the little 2l Evo cylinders
    - Replacement of the AutoAir as it's a) too long and b) I don't like the idea of an OC diver grabbing it and breathing down my precious dil
    - GCS connections for the BOV to my bailout
    - Evo+ box and Vision scrubber for those longer/deeper dives
    - Classic head/scrubber with Shearwater as a save a trip kit

Minor mods that were backed out (so far ):

- Decoweenie frame. Nothing wrong with it, but I damaged mine through stupidity and find the Evo box much easier to use
    - BMCL kit. Bought and sold without fitting. Decided I didn't want/need to make the change

That's it for now...

Cheers,

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

I dived homebuilds for a few years so when I bought my CK I wanted something I wouldn't have to modify.

I voted for minor mods, I've changed the BOV to a Mares (but that's a Jetsam standard part so not really a mod), I've also added a QC so that the BOV is connected to my bailout and I've replaced the displays with a Shearwater. I don't like it as a primary so will be swapping back to the originals.

Pretty much stock apart from that and no plans to alter anything.

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Back plate and harness
    Bean Diving 4/5th cell holder
    VR3 on 4th cell
    Shearwater HUD

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

RBW Member matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane will become famous soon enough matt crane's Avatar
    Evolution+

Inspo Vision, Inspo Classic

KT Box, Purchased but not set up yet as I cant decide if to use the original wing and harness or get the Custom Diver VBS Wing and Harness
    Apeks ATX100 attached to O2 1st stage
    Suit inflation system

That is all until I can afford an AP Valves BOV
    Last edited by matt crane; 7th May 2008 at 09:43.

GolemGear BOV
    Shearwater HUD with Narked@90 4/5th. cell adapter
    Paul Channing BMCL
    Scubapro (DiveRite) Recwing
    Simple harness with one clip

Classic KISS Pilot Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Arrow Re: have you modified your rebreather poll

1 - ADP QD connects on Breather Manifold & all bailout bottles.
    2 - ADP QD connect on onboard 02.
    3 - Dill Ad via a Modified Power Inflater
    4 - Custom Ali backplate w/DiveRite TransPac sholders
    5 - SubSea Display :D
    6 - Modified Manifold.
    7 - Soft CamBands
    8 - Replace 1 Braided Hose for a soft Hose.
    Rickoz
    Last edited by Rickoz; 7th May 2008 at 10:31. Reason: Added More :) again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast