+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Mempilot's New OptiMeg Rebreather!

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Mempilot's New OptiMeg Rebreather!

Breaking NewsBreaking NewsBreaking NewsBreaking News

For those of you that have been patiently and observantly awaiting the day when our very own Florida S.C.R.U.B., Eric (a.k.a., mempilot), follows through on his deep rooted desire to make the transition from diving a Meg to diving an Optima, well, we've got an update for you!

Unfortunately, in light of the peer pressure exerted on Eric by the, shall we say, passionate Meg diving community, it's pretty obvious that he has been unable to make a speedy transition to his new Optima. However, it appears that Eric, at least for now, has found a mid-point which will allow him to baby-step his way through this transition.

On this afternoon's Florida S.C.R.U.B.'s dive, Eric revealed the next step in his master plan to complete his evolutionary upgrade from being a Meg diver to a full fledged Optima diver. And if you're thinking these pictures are Photoshopped or have been altered in any way, let me assure you that these pictures are of Eric and his new OptiMeg rebrether and were taken by me this afternoon, after Eric proudly unveiled his new rig. Rumor has it, that his next planned modification involves a can of red spray paint!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by sfldiver; 5th May 2008 at 03:38.

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Re: Mempilot's New OptiMeg Rebreather!

And I must add one other footnote - Today Eric had a smile from ear to ear, after he proudly displayed his new OptiMeg, and the new dew he was sporting!
    Last edited by sfldiver; 5th May 2008 at 03:51.

Nailer99 Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith's Avatar
    Megalodon

Eric, FWIW, you have a standing invite to come up here to Seattle and dive with your brother Meg divers, in a magical land mysteriously free of any of those "Optima" divers......:D

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

No Way.......I can't beleive Eric would deface his Meg like that.....Either it's trick photography or someone planted it on him!!!!

Sexy haircut....... :D:D

Lance

My unit can beat up yours JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97's Avatar
    Optima

I for one am really glad to see Eric take his first baby steps out of the Meg closet. Getting oneself de-assimilated from the collective is never easy. I think if you really look at it, though, the signs have been there all along ... for example most meg divers' tanks are white or some other less flamboyant color. Eric is the only meg diver I have ever seen with those flaming orange cylinders; which are of course only a few shades off of Optima red. Plus let's not forget that he was the ring-leader in the now infamous pink, little mermaid and hello kitty redo of Tim's bailout bottle - need we say more? The writing was on the wall the whole time ...

Welcome (almost) to the family, Eric! I can only hope to be fortunate enough to be there on your first public dive with the new unit.
    :D:D

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

thats just wrong..... wrong on so many levels....

Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Nailer99  View Original Post
    Eric, FWIW, you have a standing invite to come up here to Seattle and dive with your brother Meg divers, in a magical land mysteriously free of any of those "Optima" divers......:D
    The Borg, excuse me - I mean the Meg Diving Community (the "Collective"), just doesn't want to let Eric go. If you stare at the text carefully, you can just make out the subliminal message behind the words...RESISTANCE IS FUTILE...YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!

It's taken us 6 months of deprogramming to begin to seperate Eric away from the Collective, but just as we've begun to make progress and started to sever the neuro-link to the Collective, they try to suck him back in!

We need to intensify the reprogramming, otherwise I fear we may lose him forever, which will eventually result in the complete metamorphasis from this...to this!
    Last edited by sfldiver; 5th May 2008 at 13:26.

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    thats just wrong..... wrong on so many levels....
    That's just hilarious, is what that is.

During the dive, I remember someone laughing hysterically underwater when they saw it - I think it was Howard.

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

You guys suck!

Karen broke up with me last night(edited: this is possibly resolved). She sent me one of those John Deere letters while she is out of town in Chicago. She says it's because I don't listen to her anymore or something like that but I'm not really sure because I wasn't really paying attention at the moment. But, I really think it is because she couldn't stand the thought of me not diving a Megalodon anymore.

This Optima nonsense has gone far enough. I've lost my dignity, my self-esteme, and now my girl! Pay backs are hell, boys! Pay backs are hell!

BTW, does anyone know a good industrial glue solvent that is safe around an anodized aluminum canister? That car emblem doesn't seem to come off easy.
    Last edited by mempilot; 6th May 2008 at 20:53.

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Sorry about the woman. I hope that you were not the one that paid for all of that new dive gear for her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast