+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OMS Wing On Classic Inspriation

New Member scubasavage is an unknown quantity at this point scubasavage's Avatar

Smile OMS Wing On Classic Inspriation

hi,

Just wondering has anyone put a OMS 100lbs wing and back plate on there Inspo.

Heard you have to tie down the top of the wing to stop it catching the hoses.

Any advice on the subject would be cool

Barry

Banned - Threat of Litigation AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9's Avatar

Re: OMS Wing On Classic Inspriation

I replaced the Buddy wing with the OMS almost immediately I got an Inspiration and the first flood. The standard 40lb wings on an Inspo are not enough to maintain buoyancy in a flood.

The OMS wings are fine: I believe they are the best, and so do quite a lot of others. I don´t tie them down. If you are worried about the hoses, put on the rubber bungee cords supplied with the wing such that they pull back to your backplate and not simply compress the wing. Only thing you have to worry about with the OMS wings are whether you want it in red or black.

Also: label points behind you, not to the front. Little point, but affects how dumps run.

You will be surprised how much DIL they use if you inflate before jumping in, and inflate when back on the surface waiting for the dive boat. You need an extra 100 litres of gas.

Cheers,

Alex
    Last edited by AD_ward9; 27th October 2005 at 17:40.

Banned jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont's Avatar
    Revo3 RMS, Revo3 Micro FT, MEG

HH, YBOD, Drager, MK, etc.

The OMS wngs are good, but I don't like them on rebreathers, I use a Hlycon wing and love it, its more than enough with 2 steels as slings, they are also easy to double up. I do use an OMS SS plate and like it.

I am looking for someone to CUSTOM MAKE a ss plate for me to reduce distance between the case and my back

Cheers

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Custom Divers makes a great set of wings that fits the Inspiration extremely well... Narrow on the top and adjustable on the sides via a zippers. Also has d-rings on it.

Have been diving it for about 2 years without a problem...

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread